Thread: After Effect get Started

Default After Effect get Started

Hey Guys,
    What's up? I'm not a video producer. But I do need videos for my business. I want get basic knowledge on After Effect. Any direction or book or anything you can recommend? Advance thanks to all.

Have a look at the tutorials on Video Copilot

Yeah check and then tutorials and basic training. That will help you a lot to get started. And then YouTube is full of tutorials for after effects just search for them and watch and learn that's how i learned everything about AE. Also check he makes really clear and cool tutorials!

Your hosting a party for your company, do you read a cookbook and try to cater for the guests with 0 catering experience?
    What happens if the guests find the food tastes horrible? What will happen to your reputation as a company?
    Just consider what might happen if a customer looks at a video and goes "That looks horrible" - If there is a risk in losing business is it worth doing?

Just my 2 cents of advice! By all means do explore the tutorial sources listed and definately have a go, I just encourage caution before you publish a video with your branding and your NAME which is valuable.

Perhaps consider showing the video to your friends/family, say it belongs to a rival company, don't have your company name anywhere in the video and ask them what they thought of it? let them give you honest feedback.
    Last edited by Bpotter908; 08-16-2012 at 12:29 PM.