Thread: Enhanced audio required for the video

Default Enhanced audio required for the video

Today I came across a very famous celebrity in my country, Kuwait, and had him give a few words to my 5 years old son encouraging him to be good and study hard in school! To my unfortunate luck, I think I had my hands on the mic while recording! The sound can be heard if the sound is amplified but then it has A LOT of noise. I would appreciate if I can get professional support in fixing the sound in the video to make it clear and hearable for my son to enjoy!

Appreciate everyone's help in this and it will mean a lot for my 5 years old son!
    Attached Files Attached Files

WOW!

Thank you Bpotter! I do not have enough words to express my gratitude. Thank you for this, it will mean a lot for me and my son! Great clean up! If you ever need anything from Kuwait, I'll be more than happy to support!

Bpotter908, can you explain how this clean-up was achieved?

Thanks; I don't have access to that software, - pity.
    Last edited by vidmanners; 08-06-2012 at 02:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vidmanners View Post
    Bpotter908, can you explain how this clean-up was achieved?
    I took the bit of video and threw it into premier pro, this allows me to edit the audio whilst keeping the sound synced up with the video.

My chosen piece of software is Adobe Audition, From premier I can send any bit of audio to audition and they are linked very cleverly back and forth. For my purposes it does everything I could ever want in an audio editor, if you are a musician it is under-featured for you but as an audio engineer I've got all the toys I need.

To start off with, I left the current volume as is and ran a noise reduction filter through it. This is done by selecting a segment that has 0 speech but all the hiss, I then have a nice analyser which shows me what it thinks it is removing and what it is leaving in the rest of the track.

I then Increase the volume by about 6 to 12DB, Obviously digital noise is introduced by a run a second filter later on.

After that I EQ the audio to taste, cut away a lot of the low frequency noise ( 500hz and below ) and ramp up the high frequency ( 5KHZ to 10KHZ ) to get the speech as clear as possible, I do not speak the language so I have to guess if it is understandable

The second noise reduction filter is run at this stage to remove the digital noise of me severely trashing the harmonics of the audio.

Then rendered it back our as a .mp4 file and away it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bpotter908 View Post
    I took the bit of video and threw it into premier pro, this allows me to edit the audio whilst keeping the sound synced up with the video.

My chosen piece of software is Adobe Audition, From premier I can send any bit of audio to audition and they are linked very cleverly back and forth. For my purposes it does everything I could ever want in an audio editor, if you are a musician it is under-featured for you but as an audio engineer I've got all the toys I need.

To start off with, I left the current volume as is and ran a noise reduction filter through it. This is done by selecting a segment that has 0 speech but all the hiss, I then have a nice analyser which shows me what it thinks it is removing and what it is leaving in the rest of the track.

I then Increase the volume by about 6 to 12DB, Obviously digital noise is introduced by a run a second filter later on.

After that I EQ the audio to taste, cut away a lot of the low frequency noise ( 500hz and below ) and ramp up the high frequency ( 5KHZ to 10KHZ ) to get the speech as clear as possible, I do not speak the language so I have to guess if it is understandable

The second noise reduction filter is run at this stage to remove the digital noise of me severely trashing the harmonics of the audio.

Then rendered it back our as a .mp4 file and away it goes.
    Hey, I came across this post because I have 'hiss' in the background of most of the video I have shot for my forthcoming documentary.

Is Adobe Audition easy to learn for a relative beginner?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTV View Post

Is Adobe Audition easy to learn for a relative beginner?
    Yes but insanely expensive!
    have you tried using the free open source software called Audacity? It has a noise removal tool as well.
    http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...rQJKXfovOmNfWg