Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Enhanced audio required for the video

  1. #1

    Default Enhanced audio required for the video

    Today I came across a very famous celebrity in my country, Kuwait, and had him give a few words to my 5 years old son encouraging him to be good and study hard in school! To my unfortunate luck, I think I had my hands on the mic while recording! The sound can be heard if the sound is amplified but then it has A LOT of noise. I would appreciate if I can get professional support in fixing the sound in the video to make it clear and hearable for my son to enjoy!

    Appreciate everyone's help in this and it will mean a lot for my 5 years old son!
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #2

  3. #3

    Default

    WOW!

    Thank you Bpotter! I do not have enough words to express my gratitude. Thank you for this, it will mean a lot for me and my son! Great clean up! If you ever need anything from Kuwait, I'll be more than happy to support!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    972

    Default

    Bpotter908, can you explain how this clean-up was achieved?


    Thanks; I don't have access to that software, - pity.
    Last edited by vidmanners; 08-06-2012 at 02:09 AM.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vidmanners View Post
    Bpotter908, can you explain how this clean-up was achieved?
    I took the bit of video and threw it into premier pro, this allows me to edit the audio whilst keeping the sound synced up with the video.

    My chosen piece of software is Adobe Audition, From premier I can send any bit of audio to audition and they are linked very cleverly back and forth. For my purposes it does everything I could ever want in an audio editor, if you are a musician it is under-featured for you but as an audio engineer I've got all the toys I need.

    To start off with, I left the current volume as is and ran a noise reduction filter through it. This is done by selecting a segment that has 0 speech but all the hiss, I then have a nice analyser which shows me what it thinks it is removing and what it is leaving in the rest of the track.

    I then Increase the volume by about 6 to 12DB, Obviously digital noise is introduced by a run a second filter later on.

    After that I EQ the audio to taste, cut away a lot of the low frequency noise ( 500hz and below ) and ramp up the high frequency ( 5KHZ to 10KHZ ) to get the speech as clear as possible, I do not speak the language so I have to guess if it is understandable

    The second noise reduction filter is run at this stage to remove the digital noise of me severely trashing the harmonics of the audio.

    Then rendered it back our as a .mp4 file and away it goes.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Surrey, England
    Posts
    267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bpotter908 View Post
    I took the bit of video and threw it into premier pro, this allows me to edit the audio whilst keeping the sound synced up with the video.

    My chosen piece of software is Adobe Audition, From premier I can send any bit of audio to audition and they are linked very cleverly back and forth. For my purposes it does everything I could ever want in an audio editor, if you are a musician it is under-featured for you but as an audio engineer I've got all the toys I need.

    To start off with, I left the current volume as is and ran a noise reduction filter through it. This is done by selecting a segment that has 0 speech but all the hiss, I then have a nice analyser which shows me what it thinks it is removing and what it is leaving in the rest of the track.

    I then Increase the volume by about 6 to 12DB, Obviously digital noise is introduced by a run a second filter later on.

    After that I EQ the audio to taste, cut away a lot of the low frequency noise ( 500hz and below ) and ramp up the high frequency ( 5KHZ to 10KHZ ) to get the speech as clear as possible, I do not speak the language so I have to guess if it is understandable

    The second noise reduction filter is run at this stage to remove the digital noise of me severely trashing the harmonics of the audio.

    Then rendered it back our as a .mp4 file and away it goes.
    Hey, I came across this post because I have 'hiss' in the background of most of the video I have shot for my forthcoming documentary.

    Is Adobe Audition easy to learn for a relative beginner?

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeTV View Post

    Is Adobe Audition easy to learn for a relative beginner?
    Yes but insanely expensive!
    have you tried using the free open source software called Audacity? It has a noise removal tool as well.
    http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...rQJKXfovOmNfWg

Similar Threads

  1. Video editor required
    By MikeTV in forum Pre Production
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-08-2012, 03:54 PM
  2. Cheap audio capture solution required
    By Marc Peters in forum Just for fun
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-12-2012, 12:59 AM
  3. Music Video Required
    By PhilStoker in forum Pimp the Link
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-30-2010, 04:56 PM
  4. Help with Exporting video from Premier pro Required
    By G0UDG in forum Adobe Premiere, Premiere Elements, and After Effects
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-23-2006, 02:49 PM
  5. Help Required for video editing
    By Tomzz1 in forum General video editing software help and advice
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-10-2005, 02:50 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •