Thread: Anyone know these effects?

Default Anyone know these effects?

Hey guys and girls,

Im looking to make a longboarding video, like the video I am about to post but anyway i would like to incorporate these effects but i have no clue what the are or using what software. The first effect is at 0:08 when the kid walks out from behind the street sign. The second effect is at 0:14 when the kid move the text appears from where he was. [Techsliding: DONT STOP] - YouTube
    Thanks in advance for any help.

Nathan

If you look up masking in relation to your editing software you will get some tutorials on how to do it. The quick explanation is you take the same shot twice without moving the camera, one with the person one without the person. Then mix the tracks masking out the person and then revealing them. The text is a similar masking technique.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    If you look up masking in relation to your editing software you will get some tutorials on how to do it. The quick explanation is you take the same shot twice without moving the camera, one with the person one without the person. Then mix the tracks masking out the person and then revealing them. The text is a similar masking technique.
    Thanks for the response. I looked at the video quite a few times again and thought about how the bushes in the right hand side look like they are looped and keep popping back up, i just didnt know what it was called