Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Quite excited

  1. #1

    Default Quite excited

    My mate Daz (camper van man) has asked me to produce a video with his band. I suspect it's because I have the equipment rather than my ability to do such a thing ..... Still, I'm quite excited as I've always fancied having a go at a music video. We were talking about story boarding as well lol!

    Any pointers ?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    10,851
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Give us some clues. What sort of music/image. I'm guessing, just from the one vid we've seen of him, it's what Robert Elms (Sorry, he's BBC London) refers to as "necktie rock" - Ronnie Lane, McGuinness Flint, Hudson Ford, early Dexy's. In which case get them out there in their neckties, caps and waistcoats on a barge along a canal.... It's all rather cliché I'm afraid but if it was my firt music video, I guess I'd go with the obvious in terms of ideas rather than trying to be innovative as well.

    Perhaps the camper van coul feature - maybe use that instead of a narrowboat. Make a "road" movie. Quite simple, shot of van with musos & instruments piling in. Shot of town sign, pile out and play for a bit, back into van , next locality .... people like to see their own towns on TV. Simple narrative - less to worry about. Maybe?

    Of course, they may be a death metal band ....
    Tim

  3. #3

    Default

    Early Dexy's, were they a pub rock band ?

    So Mr C that's really good news. Like Tim said we need to know the image/music.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Give us some clues. What sort of music/image. I..
    Blues type skiffle!?!?

    Daz plays boxes and bells so probably not a real musician

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    10,851
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    It's what Robert Elms (Sorry, he's BBC London) refers to as "necktie rock"
    Sorry, I meant "neckerchief rock"

    Sounds like they might be (ish)
    But he plays boxes and bells - there's a great starting point visually! Get the guitars & other, dare I say "proper" musical instruments (sparks new debate!!!) in there but feature the more unusual. I'm guessing hey sit around one end of a pub playing. They're prbably fairly static (not a lot of room for leaping about a la Townsend) so use camera movement to try to capture the excitement. And maybe do the same again in on around cammpervan and or narrowboat.

    Or, something entirely different!
    Tim

  6. #6

    Default

    Go to the top of a mountain have Daz looking for something when he gets to the top he find a note saying "it's all a dream". Wobbly bit as transition to the rest of the ban round a swimming pool sipping umbrella cocktails as the music starts. Daz joins in but looks out of place as he is dressed to climb a mountain and the rest are in Hawaiian shirts and shorts. Oh sorry I had mushrooms for tea.

    I would have to hear the song before I could come up with a suitable idea.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Sorr
    I'm guessing they sit around one end of a pub playing. They're prbably fairly static.
    use camera movement to try to capture the excitement.
    !
    yes and yes.
    i now have access to a couple of camera dollies (through the club) so its a possibility and something i'd thought about.




  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Go to the top of a mountain have Daz looking for something when he gets to the top he find a note saying "it's all a dream". Wobbly bit as transition to the rest of the ban round a swimming pool sipping umbrella cocktails as the music starts. Daz joins in but looks out of place as he is dressed to climb a mountain and the rest are in Hawaiian shirts and shorts. Oh sorry I had mushrooms for tea.

    I would have to hear the song before I could come up with a suitable idea.
    nice one ! like the mountain idea.

    they are recording at the moment so as soon as i have something ill link it so you can have a listen.

  9. #9

    Default

    Watch/study a lot of music videos in various styles in preparation. In your "Me and My..." video's you work well with interview/cutaways, have you thought of doing the type of music video often seen where a live performance cuts back and forward to/from a storyline/narrative section?

    David.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by david walsh View Post
    Watch/study a lot of music videos in various styles in preparation. In your "Me and My..." video's you work well with interview/cutaways, have you thought of doing the type of music video often seen where a live performance cuts back and forward to/from a storyline/narrative section?

    David.
    yes David we have talked about that. Ive said i dont want to do a live video (as in at a gig) as it'll be a struggle with lighting. no doubt there will be an element of them playing their instruments but my preferred choice woudl be some kind of narrative story.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone else excited?!?
    By Bpotter908 in forum Technology advice and tips
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-28-2012, 11:54 AM
  2. Excited - Starting to take shape
    By 10Yetis in forum Just for fun
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-30-2010, 10:43 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •