Thread: is there a way to delay a transition or make it happen slow?

1. Default is there a way to delay a transition or make it happen slow?

im mixing music videos, so it would really help my video mix if i could slow down a transition effect where one video pushes the other one off the screen or any transition for that matter ... i just need to learn to slow them down, and ive been playin around and reading alot about vegas 6 but i cant get it and this forum is a great help so thanx if anyone can help

Right click the transition and add envelope called "Transition Progress Envelope"

Andrew

3. Default cant figure that out.... can u point me in the right

cant figure that out.... can u point me in the right direction with that

I don't really get what that guy's talking about maybe because I have Vegas 4.0 but if they haven't changed the transition settings then maybe this would be of help (and don't feel bad if you meant something else, making this didn't take very long at all).

To start off with, put the transition inbetween the two tracks like so:

From there take the second video clip, and slide it over the first video clip, so that it overlaps it.

Be sure to slide it for however long you'd like the transition to be. After that scroll your mouse over to the upper left hand corner of the second video clip, your mouse should turn into this symbol:

Drag this symbol (also known as the "Fade Offset") over to the right until it snaps into place.

After that preview the clip to make sure it's how long you want it. If it's not just move the second video clip over to the right some more, and adjust the "Fade Offset" accordingly.

I really hope that helps and I really really hope that's what you were talking about as I would feel really embarrassed if that's not what you meant. Anyways best of luck again.

5. Default EXACTLY

that was exactly what i was trying to figure out.... thank you so much ... youve really helped me out lately