Thread: vegas movie studio HD Platinum 11.0 all the sudden running slow?

1. Default vegas movie studio HD Platinum 11.0 all the sudden running slow?

Hi, Looks like all then sudden when I open a project and try to add text the preview window does not play back smoothly? it takes a couple or more seconds to start playing. also it seems like it does this thing where it makes two "audio peaks" says i can cancel it yet clicking on the x does not stop it? also does it always do 2 audio peaks? do I want this?

What is the spec. of your computer. If it's not a quad core i7 this could be the problem with the go slow. Yes you do get two "audio peaks" sometimes more if you have a mix of formats.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    What is the spec. of your computer. If it's not a quad core i7 this could be the problem with the go slow. Yes you do get two "audio peaks" sometimes more if you have a mix of formats.
    Hello again Not sure not the best computer but I was able to do a previous project with no issue? oh okay Guess I just don't remember it doing that peak thing before? So do you think if I deleted files it would help speed up the process? I have a AMD Phenom II X2 N660 so is that any good? also it is a wmv file if that matters? also another thing it seems to be doing is making a audio apoxy? and also the placement or "text box" stays on screen before and after text has gone off screen?
    Last edited by GIjoeFan1976; 07-25-2012 at 10:18 PM.

4. Question

Quote Originally Posted by GIjoeFan1976 View Post
    Hello again Not sure not the best computer but I was able to do a previous project with no issue? oh okay Guess I just don't remember it doing that peak thing before? So do you think if I deleted files it would help speed up the process? I have a AMD Phenom II X2 N660 so is that any good? also it is a wmv file if that matters? also another thing it seems to be doing is making a audio apoxy? and also the placement or "text box" stays on screen before and after text has gone off screen?
    Okay now I found this and think it has helped but have no clue what I have done or what it means?

Right click on that Preview screen,
    [Preview Device Preferences],Video , Dynamic Ram = 0 mbMax Rendering Threads = 2

and by this "also the placement or "text box" stays on screen before and after text has gone off screen?" I am still not sure how to explain it but it is maybe kinda like a
    re sizing, re positioning sorta cropping box?

also could it do with original file being a windows movie maker file? not making it work?
    Last edited by GIjoeFan1976; 07-26-2012 at 01:23 AM.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by GIjoeFan1976 View Post
    Okay now I found this and think it has helped but have no clue what I have done or what it means?

Right click on that Preview screen,
    [Preview Device Preferences],Video , Dynamic Ram = 0 mbMax Rendering Threads = 2

and by this "also the placement or "text box" stays on screen before and after text has gone off screen?" I am still not sure how to explain it but it is maybe kinda like a
    re sizing, re positioning sorta cropping box?
    also could it do with original file being a windows movie maker file? not making it work?