Thread: "Easy Rider" transition in Vegas?

Default "Easy Rider" transition in Vegas?

I joined the forum to ask how I might easily create the stutter transition that flashes forward and back before entering the new scene, as used in EASY RIDER? Also, since I want to use this transition repeatedly between four separate story lines, is there a way to make a macro or preset transition that I can drop in like the other, more common ones?

Thanks in advance!
    Jay

I have know idea how you would do this with a macro or script but I'm interested to find out. It's not that I'm a fan of the transition I'm just curious technically.

Excuse my ignorance, but can i see that transition effect?
    Maybe Copyright issues, dunno.

An alternative might be to create yr own transition, using Picture in Picture PIP and allow the smaller image to do a dance.

I'm guessing but the Studio probably paid a lot of money for that transition and would not be keen to allow imitators - but what do I know?

It's a cutting between the next scene and the current one forward and backwards about 4 time before it switches.

Is this the effect (see 01:20) Born To Be Wild and Easy Rider (Slipshotfilms) - YouTube ?
    I am not a Vegas user, but might it be done by placing the 2 clips on different tracks (i.e. layers); and then simply adding some keyframes settings to the opacity (transparency) of the upper layer; such that the change is immediate. The result would, I guess look the same as if one had manually cut and sliced the sequence in a single track (layer). In some products, it is possible to cut/paste keyrame events; thus making it easy to litter around the sequence ad nausiam.

Quote Originally Posted by TimAndrews View Post
    Is this the effect (see 01:20) Born To Be Wild and Easy Rider (Slipshotfilms) - YouTube ?
    I am not a Vegas user, but might it be done by placing the 2 clips on different tracks (i.e. layers); and then simply adding some keyframes settings to the opacity (transparency) of the upper layer; such that the change is immediate. The result would, I guess look the same as if one had manually cut and sliced the sequence in a single track (layer). In some products, it is possible to cut/paste keyrame events; thus making it easy to litter around the sequence ad nausiam.
    the 1:20 effect is slower than the one I recall. It really is a frame or two, then four at a time, until the length between grows and we remain in the B scene. I will try the keyframe technique and report back. Thanks for the leads!
    Jay

Yes that's it. Your technique might work in Vegas Tim. I'm a bit tied up right now to try it.

oh, another non-sleep night.... watching Easy Rider.... and paying attention to all transitions!!