Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: How to obtain this style?

  1. #1

    Default How to obtain this style?

    Hi

    I am in no way experienced in movie making, but is starting up a new company and we need a pitch movie.
    Recently I came across this pitch movie - I really like the effects, the lighting and the overall dynamics.



    I wondered what kind of equipment/software is required to do something similar?

    Hoping for some advice

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    São Paulo - Brazil
    Posts
    811

    Default

    You can hire one of the many videographers in this group to get a quick result... or spend some good amount of time and money to get there by yourself, what is really fun! There is no shortcut, sorry.
    Last edited by TonyBR; 07-24-2012 at 02:07 AM.

  3. #3

    Default

    Sorry but if you eat a fantastic dinner cooked by a chef with years of experience you don't try to cook the dish yourself and expect an easy way of getting there.

    Hire a video guy, that's basically it.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    11,526
    Blog Entries
    24

    Default

    Ouch, that's some tough love guys! Pirelli, do yo have a budget for this? What's your experience in filming and editing? Are yo from a technical or artistic background? It's difficult to become an expert quickly, but some of our members have learned from help And advice on the forums and got there in the end. You might be lucky - some people have a natural talent!

    It would be good to know your timescale, budget, and anticipated outcome. We can then help yo out with specifics, or point you in the right direction.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by perelli View Post
    Hi

    I am in no way experienced in movie making, but is starting up a new company and we need a pitch movie.
    Recently I came across this pitch movie - I really like the effects, the lighting and the overall dynamics.



    I wondered what kind of equipment/software is required to do something similar?

    Hoping for some advice
    I dont think anything out of the ordinary has been used ....

    footage is quite grainy/focus drifting, probably shot with a DSLR, tracking shot at .13 seconds is probably someone on a skateboard (check the shadow) certainly some fish eye lens in there @ .19 seconds. Lighting, choose your time of day when the sun low in the sky, shooting into the sun produces lens flair. film burn transitions and general feel ... smacks of final cut to me. text, graphics = Adobe after effects.

    Equipment = 3K +
    experience = priceless



    .

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    Ouch, that's some tough love guys! Pirelli, do yo have a budget for this? What's your experience in filming and editing? Are yo from a technical or artistic background? It's difficult to become an expert quickly, but some of our members have learned from help And advice on the forums and got there in the end. You might be lucky - some people have a natural talent!

    It would be good to know your timescale, budget, and anticipated outcome. We can then help yo out with specifics, or point you in the right direction.
    Hehe, yeah, that is some tough love One thing people forget is that I never said I would do it myself.

    I am actually from neither background - I am just a business guy gathering info for our company. I would in any case hire a video guy/gal to do it - I do not have the experience, nor the time to get it. If I was told I should go a big movie studio to get something like this I would probably find a different solution Now I know.

    Timeframe (2 months), budget and other stufff is awaiting. Right now everybody on the team is pulling all their ressources together to see how we can crack the nut and get the company going on a not fully determined budget - but still a budget.

    Thanks for the "love", Marc I will keep you in mind for this project.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enc View Post
    I dont think anything out of the ordinary has been used ....

    footage is quite grainy/focus drifting, probably shot with a DSLR, tracking shot at .13 seconds is probably someone on a skateboard (check the shadow) certainly some fish eye lens in there @ .19 seconds. Lighting, choose your time of day when the sun low in the sky, shooting into the sun produces lens flair. film burn transitions and general feel ... smacks of final cut to me. text, graphics = Adobe after effects.

    Equipment = 3K +
    experience = priceless

    .
    Hi enc - thanks for the very detailed info and your input - it sounds like you could pull such a job if it came to that, right?

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bpotter908 View Post
    Sorry but if you eat a fantastic dinner cooked by a chef with years of experience you don't try to cook the dish yourself and expect an easy way of getting there.
    Hire a video guy, that's basically it.
    I guess it depends on the dish. In any case, if you do not ask, the answer will trouble you until find what you are looking for, right? I hear what you are saying about the video guy Thanks for inputs.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyBR View Post
    You can hire one of the many videographers in this group to get a quick result... or spend some good amount of time and money to get there by yourself, what is really fun! There is no shortcut, sorry.
    Alrighty From what you are saying I gather that it is definitely a feasible project - even if you are startup company?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    972

    Default

    It's always possible to hire the talent and pitch for work later . . . but what's to stop them leaving and doing the same?
    I guess you form a Production co withsomeone that's experienced by a Partnership, so there is advantage to you both . . . . . provided you do the pitching - or - provide the money.
    However a better LT strategy is to learn the business yourself, that way you will be able to pitch-better and know which projects to avoid.

    Joining a Film-making group can be a good start, but I gather you would rather do things quicker . . . sadly I don't think this is likely to be good enough. A University "Media Course" is an alternative if you are young; but you've not indicated any industry/prior experience, which would help whatever route you choose.



    FWIW I wasn't exactly reaching for my chequebook after watching that promo-film - it appeared to tick all the boxes but words are easy. Not sure why they went with a cyclist, either.
    Last edited by vidmanners; 07-24-2012 at 11:49 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How to Tie a Tie, with style
    By Chocoweird in forum User Videos
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-08-2010, 04:07 AM
  2. Style
    By Grim64 in forum Pre Production
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-08-2010, 02:57 PM
  3. Some John Woo Style
    By ThunderP87 in forum User Videos
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-31-2007, 01:50 PM
  4. How to obtain this in Premiere 2
    By mbcureg in forum Adobe Premiere, Premiere Elements, and After Effects
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-16-2007, 07:02 PM
  5. my own style again
    By GillianG in forum User Videos
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-30-2004, 05:45 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •