Thread: NEW Freerunning & Dance Video

Talking NEW Freerunning & Dance Video

Hey everyone,
    I made a new video. This one includes free running and dance, I have put a lot of effort in to the production of this video. It includes the mutli-screen effect as well as colour grading and twixtor slow-motion. If you could please check it out and let me know what you think then I would really appreciate it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1VGPyzN3I0

Thank you,
    Chris

Nice video. Cool visuals. You kept it fast paced and diverse. My favorite part is the divided clips at the end where the guy is moving through the air in slow motion.

I found the first split screen distracting form the acrobatics as I was wondering why there was an image of a wall on screen. Other than that you shown a good sympathetic eye to the way you cut this together. It's not everybody who can fast cut blend shots like this. Is it something that just comes naturally or did you learn it from someone ?

Blog Entries

Yeh, agree with Midnight about the first split screen. i think I know what you were trying to achieve following on as it does with the pan/reveal, but it doesn't quite work. Other than that it wa a pleasure to watch. Very nice transisions and slick edits.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by joepigslop View Post
    Nice video. Cool visuals. You kept it fast paced and diverse. My favorite part is the divided clips at the end where the guy is moving through the air in slow motion.
    Thank you I'm really glad you liked it!

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I found the first split screen distracting form the acrobatics as I was wondering why there was an image of a wall on screen. Other than that you shown a good sympathetic eye to the way you cut this together. It's not everybody who can fast cut blend shots like this. Is it something that just comes naturally or did you learn it from someone ?
    I can understand how you found that distracting, maybe if I pulled the video of the wall in to shot later on (once the flip was almost landed) it might work a little better?
    I've been experimenting with film since the age of 8 (10 years now), I've had no tuition, I just experiment then post my films on the internet (youtube and forums) for feedback. I'm glad you like my style of film making
    Thank you for the comment and the honest feedback
    Got a moment to spare? Check this out
    http://www.youtube.co.uk/ChrisMiBrooker

great editing and beast freerunning man, I wish my edits were that good