Thread: Help-

Default Help-

Hello, I'm new and I'm actually really rushed because I need to get a new video up on my Slenderman/Fear Mythos vlog, and I really wasn't sure where to put this, so I'm really sorry for that.
    I need editing advice.
    Due to a shortage of cast/crew, I need to film a video by myself but I need more than one person for it, however, there is only me.
    The majority of the video will consist of Person 1 sitting in front of a webcam talking, while Person 2 is in the background moving around and doing stuff. The camera will be stationary, so can I just mix the two videos to do that? I use Videopad to edit, but I can get any program I need.
    And another problem is, I need to change something. The door will be opened and I need to change it to look like a portal to Hell or something of that effect. How would I go about doing that?

One way to do it is to shoot the talking to the web-cam shot against a green screen. Then shoot the other part you can then key out the green background from the first shot and mix it with the other. This has to be done very well for it to look real. Another method is to use masking and is a lot more complicated.

My advice to you is to get a friend to play the other part and save yourself the hassle.