Thread: Social Media for videomakers...

Default Social Media for videomakers...

I wonder if any of you out there use Facebook or Google+ for finding interesting information about video making or about anything else interesting and relevant to the subject.

I know that Google+ has a strong photo community, but I didn't see anything interesting about video. Haven't used Facebook that much, so I would be interested to know if anyone finds useful content there...

I get quite a lot out of twitter. I follow mostly filmmakers and they often post / re-tweet some pretty interesting material. Although I didn't like it at first, now Twitter is pretty invaluable to me. I've even got a few paid jobs off of the back of it.
    Driftwood - Available on iTunes - www.driftwoodfilm.co.uk

Follow me on twitter - @DirectorJWebber

I find blog communities quite inspiring. I always discover new stuff by browsing through the blogroll of blogs I like. I have never really tried twitter but if you say that you even get jobs out of it, it might be worth a try. I've been doing more photography than filming jobs lately, designed flyers and posters etc. I'd like to do some more filming in the future, so maybe I'll create an account!

Quote Originally Posted by lynch View Post
    I find blog communities quite inspiring. I always discover new stuff by browsing through the blogroll of blogs I like. I have never really tried twitter but if you say that you even get jobs out of it, it might be worth a try. I've been doing more photography than filming jobs lately, designed flyers and posters etc. I'd like to do some more filming in the future, so maybe I'll create an account!
    Just fyi, you might find these G+ profiles useful for your photo interest:
    https://plus.google.com/107004843925454095805/posts
    https://plus.google.com/106711803105103787711/posts
    https://plus.google.com/104987932455782713675/posts
    (Photography is a big thing on G+)

I could figure out how to benefit from using Twitter... maybe I'm getting old. or it's just not for everyone. Feel free to share blogs you like.

Twitter is certainly an acquired taste - I hated it at first but it's been invaluable over the past few months. I definitely couldn't have made my last short Driftwood without it! I'm on a job today that was passed to me originally by somebody on twitter.
    Driftwood - Available on iTunes - www.driftwoodfilm.co.uk

Follow me on twitter - @DirectorJWebber