Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motion et motion - a yo short

Default Motion et motion - a yo short

It's interesting but what is it's purpose ? I found the interesting lighting lost the Yo-Yo in some shots which made it difficult to see how good your skill is but I did like the style of the video.

it does not have any purpose really. I wanted to put the emphasis on the general motion as well as the music, just create a clip that had a specific atmosphere.

it did, although have a purpose for my own self which was to assess the general motion of my trick (as I just finished creating it I wanted to see how it moved around and the general rhythm)

I guess you could also imagine that it's a promotional video for my shop although more "image" than actual "promotion"

I think as a subtle promotion for your shop it works on one level. It creates a style mood, which I presume is the message you want people to associate with your shop.

it is actually intended to be both a promotion for my shop but also for yoyoing in general. if you watch my vids on my channel, you'll see that I try to make videos that would be enjoyable by everyone. not simple videos showcasing yoyo tricks, but also something that would be nice to watch even tho you don't really know what yoyoing is about.

it's a very new kind of business and market and most of what's out there is done by passionate people who have other jobs on the side. You've been around when I started filming last year or so, you can probably tell that things have gotten a little better over time but we both agree that there's still much much room to improve.

I recently had the chance to chat with a former career filmmaker and consultant who really helped me out on getting into the right mindset to create, but while I now have some valuable information, it'll take time to practice and really get everything.

For example, this was my very first try at having a sort of "script" where I actually started with the music (I usually shoot first then choose the music), made up my mind about the kind of footage I wanted, shot plenty of it and ended up with what I wanted, which was a short (and I hope paced) artistic vid.

it may be cliché, but I really do enjoy creating dark atmospheres and ambiances, I like the glitchy and the weird and I really have tons of fun creating stuff like that

it was also the first vid where I actually almost never held the cam. I did the setup with the lights and whatnot and told a friend (who also happens to be a photographer even tho there's a world between photography and video) the kind of shots that I wanted.

The equipment still has its limitation (still using my good ole canon legria HFM306 and a couple of those cheap amazon led lights) but so do I, and even tho I'd like to have better stuff, I feel that I can still work within the limitations that I have now and it stimulates me because it challenges my creativity.

it is how it is, I ain't no pro. But thanks to you guys at videoforums especially, so far it has been the ride of my life

It's good that you are finding your own place in videos making know the direction you want to go helps you to move forward. I totally agree you have come on a long way since you posted your first video. We are all on a journey of betterment on this road and it's a never ending journey. Who knows what exiting places it will take up next.

I think you fulfilled your own brief very well with this little promo.
    Keep having fun.

Really interesting.... A bit too dark sometimes? But maybe is my screen configuration/angle too. Watched another one "....giro... II" (the one with 3:04 duration) and....wow, is that a yoyo??? The guy is REALLY good with that thing! Liked a lot the fisheye shots against local old buildings. Interesting contrast.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBR View Post
    Really interesting.... A bit too dark sometimes? But maybe is my screen configuration/angle too. Watched another one "....giro... II" (the one with 3:04 duration) and....wow, is that a yoyo??? The guy is REALLY good with that thing! Liked a lot the fisheye shots against local old buildings. Interesting contrast.
    thank you

although I was not "independant" on that giro one, you could try that one

Some people say the one above is my "best" one (to which I kinda disagree, my "best" one is always my last one, until the next one, subjectively speaking of course, but none of them were actually good enough to the point where I'd be satisfied)

yes, this is yoyoing, there are 5 main styles of yoyoing known as 1A, 2A, 3A, 4A and 5A. 1A being 1 handed string tricks, 2A is 2 handed looping tricks, 3A is 2handed string tricks, 4A is offstring (the yoyo is not attached to the string), and 5A which is my main style, is freehand, which means the yoyo string is not tied to the player's hand, but to a counterweight instead. Look it up, there's a big community online

Ohh boy, just watched other yoyo movies....to become to the conclusion that I´m a snail...a very old and slow snail.....

Blog Entries

No particular comment on this video - kind of agree with Midnight, it's very stylish and I can see it's appeal.
    But it's great to have you back on the board and making so many useful comments on others' films as well, hadoq.
    I can;'t believe how far you've come, film wise, in such a short space of time.
    Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast