Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multiple Screens

Default Multiple Screens

Hi all.

New to the Forums but have browsed on here for a couple of months, I need a little bit of help with Sony Vegas and this seems like the best place!

I'm trying to create this effect below:

split.jpg

I know about the Multiple Screen where I can split the video with Tracking Motion, but this doesn't seem to work with the effect I'm trying to achieve above. When I insert a Video into Sony Vegas and try and re-size them to the same aspect ratios above, it doesn't let me. I'm trying to get that effect above, just with my own video clips.

Could anybody help me out?

Thanks in advance,
    Steve.

(Edit: On Sony Vegas 10)
    Last edited by Stevee93; 07-19-2012 at 06:11 PM.

I think Tim said just the other day use the Pan/crop tool to zoom into or crop and shape the clip then track motion to position it on the screen. I would probably do it all with the pan crop tool if there is no motion involved.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I would probably do it all with the pan crop tool if there is no motion involved.
    I feel I must be missing out on something here as people often say this can all be done with Pan and Crop.

I don't see how one can take part of an image and position it wherever one wants without Track Motion. What I mean is if this is your image:

ABC.jpg

how would you go about selecting just the middle strip and positioning it at the left hand side, thus:
    B.jpg

using just Pan and Crop?
    Tim

Thanks both for the replies, I've managed to do it by first cropping the footage (pan crop) to the size I want and then moving it across screen with motion tracking. It's quite hard to make sure each of the three pieces of footage fills out the screen, but with a few attempts I managed to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    I feel I must be missing out on something here as people often say this can all be done with Pan and Crop.

I don't see how one can take part of an image and position it wherever one wants without Track Motion. What I mean is if this is your image:

ABC.jpg

how would you go about selecting just the middle strip and positioning it at the left hand side, thus:
    B.jpg

using just Pan and Crop?

I know what you mean, if you just use the pan and crop the footage goes over the other pieces of footage. I haven't found a way of doing it with just pan and crop.

I should have explaind my self better when I said no motion. I ment if you can crop the left third of the image on track one. Crop the right third of the image on track two and the track three can be left as it is.

Like this example

I'm glad you managed to do it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I should have explaind my self better when I said no motion. I ment if you can crop the left third of the image on track one. Crop the right third of the image on track two and the track three can be left as it is.
    But the key thing is you have to have the part of the shot you want to be on the left, to be already on the left in your source footage. This means you have to shoot with that in mind (ie plan very carefully). If only I were that organised!
    Tim

Yes that's true.

Hey everyone,
    I'm only on this site because I am looking for someone to complete a project for me. It involves a split screen, where 2 videos of athletes sprinting need to be placed side by side within a single video. Here is an example of what I mean below.

HSC-Zach Mcfadden (4.23) vs. Chris Johnson (4.24)! - YouTube

I will pay if interested.

Thanks.

Where can we down load the original footage from ?

Hello. I have the originals, but I'm actually looking to have 2 other videos compared. I could send you those originals, and how much do you want for this? Thanks for replying back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast