Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A better video I believe.......

Default A better video I believe.......

Here is a new edition over the same trip.... Please send comments!

Thanks, TonyBR

Hi Tony

Excellent quality shots some even looked 3D Without the glasses. Don't know about the choice of background music didn't seem to fit the scene for me, but then that's my 10 pence worth. Nice job well done.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptionWorld View Post
    Hi Tony

Excellent quality shots some even looked 3D Without the glasses. Don't know about the choice of background music didn't seem to fit the scene for me, but then that's my 10 pence worth. Nice job well done.
    Thanks Caption!

Interesting this "thing" about music choices..... I started editing last night (10pm) and finished by 6:30 in the morning today.... I heard the music about 3 thousand times I believe, and I enjoyed it more and more..... Probably the process.... But I really like its timing with the clips....

I think I might disagree with Caption about the music. I thought it was really well chosen and fitted the mood really well. I think it was just in a few places where you decided to cut on the beat that it felt a little distracting, as the to-the-beat editing sort of fought a little against the laid-back style of the music and imagery.

Like Caption said though, amazing image quality. What camera are you using? It's great that this is all on tripod too. It all feels so calm along with the music. Had me in a bit of a daze.

Quote Originally Posted by BritishEye View Post
    I think I might disagree with Caption about the music. I thought it was really well chosen and fitted the mood really well. I think it was just in a few places where you decided to cut on the beat that it felt a little distracting, as the to-the-beat editing sort of fought a little against the laid-back style of the music and imagery.

Like Caption said though, amazing image quality. What camera are you using? It's great that this is all on tripod too. It all feels so calm along with the music. Had me in a bit of a daze.

Hi BE, thanks a lot for your reply. I didnt start cutting-to-the-beat, but after hearing the music (with its marked beat!) so many times, things started to get into the timing.... I liked it! Was a good exercise for me also. Learning one more thing every time...

The camera is a Sony AVCHD NX70U, with its VERY important water/dust-proof characteristic (to me)!!! I didnt mind filming under a lot of falling water at 3:52.... This is a very interesting underground waterfall (not showing) and you have to walk within these walls to get there.

Tripod.... By far, the main step I ever took to film our canoe trips! What a difference! Some shots (easily spoted) were taken with the GoPro handheld....

Ohhh addiction!!!!! Cant wait the nxt trip!

Blog Entries

Strange isn't it? I thought the cuts to the beat helped it flow (I find films jar where there's a cut which doesn't fall on a beat). Some really helped emphasise the change of shot (eg 41s) but never in an uncomplementary way.

Another superb video of the trip, though for some reason I didn't feel it had quite the same narrative quality as the previous one. It had more of a feel of a montage than a journey. I doubt whether i can quantify that any better and if I tried to analyse each film, I suspect there woud be no quantifiable reasoning behind my feeling. Sorry if that seems rather woolly!

If we still had Video of the Month, this would be on the shortlist without doubt.
    Great scenery, great shots, great music.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Strange isn't it? I thought the cuts to the beat helped it flow (I find films jar where there's a cut which doesn't fall on a beat). Some really helped emphasise the change of shot (eg 41s) but never in an uncomplementary way.

Another superb video of the trip, though for some reason I didn't feel it had quite the same narrative quality as the previous one. It had more of a feel of a montage than a journey. I doubt whether i can quantify that any better and if I tried to analyse each film, I suspect there woud be no quantifiable reasoning behind my feeling. Sorry if that seems rather woolly!

If we still had Video of the Month, this would be on the shortlist without doubt.
    Great scenery, great shots, great music.
    I understand what you mean.... Got a similar feeling here. Guess its because the second is....well.....always "the second"! Not to mention I repeated a few shots..... Anyway, it was a good exercise to me! First video with better quality clips from a new camera with more resources than I ever had....

Wow, thanks for the "nomination"!!!! And the Oscar goes to......

I missed the first one but thought this was very nice. You really seem to take care in pointing the camera at something worth looking at before you "press the red button". This makes a great difference to the final out come of the video. I really liked the music. Where did you find the artists ?

Very well done.

Hi MB.... again, probably the old-film mind working... A super8 roll was sooo expensive!!!

Music....ohh, I love the internet for all the music I'm listening to... Fantastic sources like SoundCloud, MusicBed, Jamendo.... Like us, playing with video, there are thousands of musicians producing their songs and posting on the net. Many of the artists are much closer to you than me in true. Message to Bears (the one used in this video) is from UK..... I just asked in advance about using one of his songs for the video, and I got an OK, go ahead! Simple as that! Fantastic!

I believe this mutualism is interesting to all involved, as their music gets more and more popular too.... I know about 2 guys who bought this music/cd after watching the movie. Hope they cited the source.... Oh, btw, I also bought the CDs of course! Not just to say thanks, but mostly cause I really enjoy the songs...

Yes the internet is great for getting artists working together. I've done this myself with a few of my videos. Just contact the song writer and ask them, I've never had anyone come back with a no yet. BUT I've never tried it with Sting or Bono.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast