Thread: Basketball shots

Default Basketball shots

its mine second video. i am from lithuania , i want to know how i can Progress with my editing skills , because now im novice
    Last edited by Martynas; 07-18-2012 at 04:40 PM.

Nice skills! Firstly with the editing and secondly with the basketball. Awesome aiming. I wish I could do stuff like this.
    I would just try and shorten the length in between cuts as much as possible to ramp up the speed of the cutting so the sharpness of the edit matches the sharpness of the on-screen talent. I'd try and cut off as many frames as possible before the ball leaves the hands, but sometimes cutting just before the arms move to push the ball, so we get the whole body movement before the throw. Then it's just cutting as many frames out after the ball has gone through the basket/hoop, which is what you did anyway. Apart from that, try seeing what it would be like if you time up a few of the hitting sounds the ball makes on the basket/hoop to the beats of the music. It might add just that little extra something and accent the accuracy of your aiming.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BritishEye View Post
    I would just try and shorten the length in between cuts as much as possible to ramp up the speed of the cutting so the sharpness of the edit matches the sharpness of the on-screen talent. I'd try and cut off as many frames as possible before the ball leaves the hands,
    I' not sure I agre. I like a few frames to set the "context" for each basketball shot. Tighter cutting would mean this would be lost. Just offering an alternative view, you realise.
    Tim

The BEST thing that I can suggest to keep your editing skills moving is just more practice. People can tell you a million things about what you should do but the reality is that you just need to keep at it. You'll start to notice things in other videos that you like and you'll start creating those elements in your own videos. Keep at it I think your doing great!

Blog Entries

Something this video does need to make it much more interesting is close-ups and cutaways. This is a series of shots which show the skills and would be appropriate if you were submitting a video to someone who needed a straightforward video to assess you're ability to lob a ball into a basket.
    Whilst there are a few different angles, all the shots are full length, showing the athlete and the basket. No matter how varied the throws are, this starts to get repetitive. Good for judging. Not so good for an entertaining video.
    Next time try getting some different shots and do exactly what Zac says above. Practice. The more shots and shot types you have the more creative things you can try out.
    Tim

thx for answers

ok srr :/ my bad
    Last edited by Martynas; 07-18-2012 at 09:00 PM.

Blog Entries

Psst ... Martynas. We have a rule on this section. One video per thread. Otherewise how do we know which video we're talking about on page 7 of a thread?
    Tim

i will try mix my video 1 and 2 series i will see if i succeed