Thread: Privacy when transferring VHS to DVD

Default Privacy when transferring VHS to DVD

Hi all,

First post on the forum

I just wondered if there was anyway I could keep privacy of the screen when I am using Pinnacle VHS to DVD transfer. I would like to transfer some videos for people for wanted them to feel comfortable that I wasn't viewing there videos, sounds strange I know, but I just wondered if anyone knew of any solutions or ideas, thanks..... Or maybe you might know somewhere else that I could find a solution.

Sounds a bit dodgy. Just turn your monitor off.

Yes, you buy them a VHS to DVD recorder, you the train them how to use it and then leave them to it.

Buy item off Amazon, add 5% charge for it
    Labour time of installing and training money money money
    All in all, cha-Ching

Or you could "Hire" out the use of your kit...

That's about the only way around the "privacy" issue for client, I have a feeling someone asked you this becausemthey do not want you stealing shots of their old wedding video, not dodgy but an annoyance to deal with!

I was 17 was dubbing new sound onto silent movies being transferred to the new fangled Philips N1500 series video recorders

WOW! That takes me back, I remember them well, late 1970's early 1980's, and the new Phillips N1700 Colour video cassette recorder with a huge one hour recording time. We could carry on watching TV When the TV Closed down at midnight. I still have a couple of N1700 Cassettes.

Thanks for the correction your precise description has bought it all back to me now.

I remember Redifusion rentals had them for sale at 600 I rented one for 20 per month. Then there was a big ad in the local paper they were being sold off at 250 Brand new. I informed the Redifusion shop they all disappeared soon after. I bought my first 2 hour TDK VHS Tape in 1980 for 12. Then Rented the Ferguson VHS Piano key top loader 3v16 with wired remote control and super freeze frame. I think they too were around 600 to buy. Still got the tape and it still works though now showing signs of ware.

The battle of the formats in the 1980's. The TV Ad for the v2000 4hrs one side and 4 hrs the other. I remeber Video library notices. Not available in Betamax. VHS Only.

I used to video weddings and like you say tape editing was a nightmare as I gained more confident in camera work with the top of the range super Canon VC20 With back space edit as in my 1980's Video Services ad. I did all editing in camera, framing the shots first. This worked well I was able to present the client with the original recording, better than a lousy quality copy.

Camera kits were big and heavy in those days good fun though. These days you can almost do the whole thing on a mobile phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bpotter908 View Post
    , I have a feeling someone asked you this becausemthey do not want you stealing shots of their old wedding video, not dodgy but an annoyance to deal with!
    i think you're being a little naive there