Thread: Blackmagic capture card suddenly not recognized?

Default Blackmagic capture card suddenly not recognized?

Hi All - everything was working fine then I got this message:

"The Blackmagic driver or the Blackmagic hardware can not be found in your system. Please check the installation."

I shut everything down and manually removed and re-installed the card. Same error.

Everything was working fine - what could the issue be?

You think its time to re-install the drivers? Maybe completely remove all BMagic software and re-install?

Thanks

I always try a system restore to a point before the problem with things like this, just to see if this easy way will work first.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I always try a system restore to a point before the problem with things like this, just to see if this easy way will work first.
    Thanks - nah, in fact I made a system image when all was well and reverted to that - and still the issue remains.....

Could it be that I updated the PC then that made something malfunction? But that doesn't seem likely when I have reverted back to an older version...?

Seems odd....is there anything I can check? Thanks again

Yes, has the card fried?

If you have not done any changes to the system and it just broke on its own, Check if the hardware is working at all, got another PC you can shove the card into just tomtestmif it works?

Does device manager show the card in your rig even as an unknown PCI device?

What OS are you using, is this correct for the card?

Perhaps you should contact Blackmagic as it could be a faulty card, or the driver needs updating and yours was missed...

Is the camera working OK?
    I'm not clear why you need this card . . . does the Blackmagic not record to SDHC media (or similar) that can be read by any moderate PC (or Mac?).

Quote Originally Posted by vidmanners View Post
    I'm not clear why you need this card . . . does the Blackmagic not record to SDHC media (or similar) that can be read by any moderate PC (or Mac?).
    Blackmagic Cards ( or insert other brand here ) are the industry standard for capturing uncompressed HD footage. Sooo many video guys use external recorders using an SDI output from their camera recording to the external recorder. The on board camera recording system is a "backup" in case things go belly up.

If you want "Uncompressed HD" there is very little chance of you getting that onto SDHC cards, Think more of SSDs instead.