Thread: Pinnacle 15 StudioHD Ultimate Collection

Default Pinnacle 15 StudioHD Ultimate Collection

I'm at the end of my patience... I recently upgraded my desktop to Windows 7. I was using Pinnacle Studio v12 and found it simple enough to use so naturally I upgraded to v15 when I upgraded my machine to 7.

I'm am simply making a slideshow but jazzing it up with all the neat transistions and a menu etc.. My next step was to add the music. I'm strictly using MP3 files in 128kbps nothin fancy. I've saved and resaved my project and it plays perfectly on my PC, it's only about 30 minutes in length.

Something I've learned is in order not to get an error when I go to Make A Movie I have to totally exit out of Pinnacle, go back in open my saved project and go directly to Make A Movie and not touch anything else. If I do that I get no further error message, the movie gets created and the DVD pops out of the machine.

My problem is when I'm watching the movie/slideshow on my television everything is going along just fine and then all of a sudden the music disappears, if you let the movie continue it will come back and then disappear again. Once that starts happening it continues for the rest of the movie.

I have been working on this slideshow/movie for two weeks now, it's for my friends husbands 60th Birthday. I have no idea what's happening to the music and it's just the music. Tomorrow I'm heading out to the local Best Buy to buy a different kind of DVD. Hey I have no other ideas...

I'm just a casual users and had none of these problems using v12. Can you suggest anything?

Hello and welcome to the Forum.

I have in the past heard of problems with certain transitions used when rendering for some reason. Could you, just to prove a point try a render with no transitions to possibly eliminate this as the cause, and play this on your TV. Looks like a conflict somewhere with Win 7 and V15. Also try doing a repair in Control panel for V15 in case a file has not been correctly installed. Sometimes this will correct any errors.

Please post back and let us know how you get on.

I did a presentation for a mate of mine (Patrick Moore) a while back, exactly what you have spoken about, though only 5 minutes long but mine was ok