Thread: How is Serif Movie Plus X5

1. Default How is Serif Movie Plus X5

Hi,

Will like to ask... how is Serif Movie Plus X5 in comparision to other video editing software.

Serif occasionally provide very nice discount for it.

Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ricky33 View Post
    Hi,

Will like to ask... how is Serif Movie Plus X5 in comparision to other video editing software.
    A school I do some work for use Serif Movie Studio (X3, I think) for work up to GCSE level. I've o idea how complex it can get but it seems perfectly capable of of all the fundamentals. Serif produce generally good products and i you buy the "previous" version you can often get it at ridiculously silly proces. I use Fraw Plus and Photo Plus. They'r epretty powerful, and seem capable of doing at least as much as I'd want to be able to do from Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. However, with the Adobe Products (especuially Photoshop) being such "standard" products, there is comparatively little in the way of demos & tutorials for Serif.

Serif used to be quite "spammy" but I think they've listened to the negative publicity as they seem to have cut back on that now (I only get one call every three months)
    Tim

3. Default

Thanks so much, Tim.

Seems like MoviePlus is not bad after all.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ricky33 View Post
    Hi,

Serif occasionally provide very nice discount for it.

Thanks in advance.
    I've been using MoviePlus x5 HD for a while now, and find it a very comprehensive package. I'm really no expert on video editing software, however, I tried Sony Vegas Studio for a couple of weeks, but went back to MoviePlus as it does all that I want - and a lot more. I would certainly recommend this software to anyone wanting to get started with video editing, but more importantly, once you undertand the basics, it will take you as far as you want to go with it. It's not expensive, so give it a try - I don't think you'll be dissapointed!
    Scorp.