Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: text duration?

1. Question text duration?

Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11‏ anyone know if I can change the duration of the preset text coming at you? I need it to start at 13seconds have duration of 10 seconds but stop on the time line around 16sec or so later hope this makes sense or thanks for working with me to figure it out or a better route as some people are not kind when we want to learn.
    Last edited by GIjoeFan1976; 07-12-2012 at 04:11 AM.

It's the same setting as the still image duration (I think).
    From the help menu select Preferences and click on the editing tab, change the value of the still image length to however many seconds you want it to be and click OK.

You can easily alter the duration of the text on the time line by dragging the edge of the clip to however long you want it. On the text properties box click on the match event length button to set the correct amount in the length box.

Gljoe,
    do you mean the Media Generator (Sony) Titles & Text preset 'Coming at You'? If I got it right what you're after, I found it simplest to shorten the Coming at You preset to where you want it to stop on the timeline (i.e. dragging the edge of the clip like Midnight Blue says above) and save a snapshot of the last frame to file. The snapshot file went to the Project media and I dragged it to the timeline right after the shortened preset. Drag it long enough to fill the 10 seconds or whatever you want it to last. I'm sure one should be able to do it with keyframes or other ways, but this worked nicely enough for me.
    Last edited by vkmast; 07-12-2012 at 12:22 PM.

Scrap what I posted I totally got the wrong end of the stick.
    Last edited by Midnight Blue; 07-12-2012 at 02:26 PM.

Found this.
    Sony Creative Software - Introduction to Vegas Pro 11 Q & A

Are there any settings in the new Text & Titles plug in that extends or shortens the animations?

You can change the length of the event, which will change the duration of the animation. However, that also changes the duration of the text itself. No modifications are possible to the animation sequences themselves.

6. Default

Thanks to you both vkmast and Midnight Blue

so it looks like I can't change it like I would want? guess I will try just a second of each coming at you as what I am trying to do is have 1, 2, 3 come on screen thanks again for the help as this all makes my head hurt, and it is so nice too have help and not just "go try it and figure it out!!!" because I am I spent 6 hours just trying to figure it out before I am so lucky to come here and have help so thanks again so looks like even that is not working for me as not away to drag it and make last only a second or so? it seems even if make it only a second it still repeats "1" twice?
    Last edited by GIjoeFan1976; 07-12-2012 at 06:46 PM.

Please don't thank me for not understanding your question.

You could if you felt brave enough make your own text animations. If you follow the principles in THIS TUTORIAL you can learn to do a lot of different things with text in Vegas. There are better tutorials but this does show you the basics.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Please don't thank me for not understanding your question.

You could if you felt brave enough make your own text animations.If you follow the principles in THIS TUTORIAL you can learn to do a lot of different things with text in Vegas. There are better tutorials but this does show you the basics.

yeah okay but your the expert so I thank you for trying to understand me and for your help as this is so stressful:( Okay thanks I will try!!!!!

I wouldn't describe myself as an expert. We are all on a path of learning, some of us are just a bit further along the path.

10. Default

oh okay well I hope I can walk the path to where you are I thank you for the video as it has helped me to know about animate and what the "key frame thing" is I think but yet if I make the end of the key fame for number one end at a second later, have the duration set to 1 second the number 1 still stays on for the +4:26 preset? so goes from 1 coming up at frame 360 and stays until frame 505 ?
    Last edited by GIjoeFan1976; 07-12-2012 at 08:43 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast