Thread: Improvized Action Scene with alot of cutscenes.

Default Improvized Action Scene with alot of cutscenes.

This is the first action scene i have ever made with my friend and edited, so feedback would more than welcome! Muzzle flares, smoke and bullet hits applied and little bit of color correction. Where should i focus getting better at and so. The first soundtrack on the video is also made by me on FL Studio.

While it's not badly shot and edited you seem to have fallen into the trap of making a shoot em up for the sake of making a shoot em up rather than making a movie with characters we know and care about. This is more like a section from a movie rather than a full movie.

Blog Entries

As a scene I thought it worked quite well. The build up worked better for me than the actual "action", you managed quite a bit of tension. I did wonder why the guy with the pistol waited so long before loading any ammo into the gun and also why he spent so long fiddling before making his phone call (was he trying to get the phone out of the packet? )
    I'd have liked some more extreme close-ups (you have occasional shots of feet which wrer good) and maybe some faster cutting.
    Generally you used the music well.
    The guy in the green appearing seemed a bit random.
    I liked the different angles and you didn't confuse us by unnecessarily crossing the line. The tracking shots added another dimension but I did think the camera movements shoud have continued after the guy disappeared behind the tank at 2:34.
    But ultimately - because we don't know or care for the characters - it was difficult to feel at all involved.
    Tim

I liked this but it seemed slow-moving for an action movie; take a look at the fight scenes in the last Bourne movie for fast action

Thanks for the feedback, yeah we didn't have any idea when we got the idea to test that camera, we just took it and some guns and started playing around. Maybe with scipted plot we might get to make something that actually makes sense