Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Youtube: Distorted Audio

Question Youtube: Distorted Audio

Suddenly most my videos I have uploaded to Youtube over the years are now all distorted, I know for a fact the audio was mastered before uploading and I have viewed all my videos several times in the past so Youtube has changed something; a playback codec. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I tried giving it a day to clear up but it's still distorted this morning, I may try another audio receiver/amp...
    Why am I an editor? ...because I'm a bad filmer!
    ☮ ♫ ☾ ☆ ☼ ☯ ~ Live Long & Prosper

I haven't noticed anything wrong with any of the YouTube videos I've seen recently.

That would be a total disaster... are you certain it's not your computer/browser/audiocard/etc? I'd ask someone else to test it for you in a different environment (computer/os/browser/etc).

Anyhow, just tested two year old uploads and a new one - work fine.

Huh...I clicked half volume on Youtube then back up to 100% and 100% was half as loud as it was (normal) must be a flash problem because other browsers were doing the same thing when I tried last night but just discovered the volume glitch today.

Yeah... it could have been a flash glitch. Btw, just fyi, for newer browsers that have extensive html5 support (e.g. Chrome), YouTube will render a different, non-flash player.

Quote Originally Posted by mrzee View Post
    Yeah... it could have been a flash glitch. Btw, just fyi, for newer browsers that have extensive html5 support (e.g. Chrome), YouTube will render a different, non-flash player.
    Render?

Yeah I use Chrome

Sorry, professional slang... render means that your browser will execute code to display a specific component (in our case, a video player). Flash player will require flash browser plugin for you browser to render this player (show it to you) whereas html player does not require any additional plugins.

Right click on the YouTube player in your browser and see what comes up. Do you see any mention of flash or html5?

I'm in Chrome and a right click menu displays the Flash version at the bottom... I did not think Chrome used Flash.

Interesting, what version of Chrome do you use?

Anyhow, so now I think it was definitely a flash glitch.

Flash seems to suck atm, updating more often than usual, and I've been noticing jerky scrolling in Firefox, and Flash websites crashing the second you confuse them, (such as dare to go to another flash page and then back again).

Updating more often than usual is a sure sign of mistakes being made by the programmers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast