Thread: Video editor required

Default Video editor required

I am looking for a video editor to collaborate on a documentary film project. This is a labour of love, and will only appeal to somebody who is either passionate about video editing or about the subject matter as it is a non-paying role. I have already spent thousands on equipment and travel to film people all over the country, and the final project will be given away for free.

The film contains stories of human disaster, police corruption and a 23 year long struggle for the truth. The film is about the disaster at the Hillsborough stadium on 15th April 1989, in which 96 people ultimately lost their lives as a result of a human crush before an FA Cup semi-final between Liverpool and Nottingham Forest.

You can learn more about the project and story, and see some clips at Hillsborough

In September this year the Hillsborough Independent Panel will be reporting, after spending years going over every document available. This subject will be back on the news agenda at that time, and I hope to have the documentary shown on the quality newspaper sites at that time.

If this project is of interest to you, please email me at mike_nicholson@hotmail.co.uk

I live near Epsom in Surrey and work in London, so realistically any collaborator would need to live or work in a vacinity.

Thank you for reading.

I'd be up for working with you on this Mike but I live in the north. If there is anything I can do, even if it's just a consultation role, just let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I'd be up for working with you on this Mike but I live in the north. If there is anything I can do, even if it's just a consultation role, just let me know.

Hi Midnight, thanks for the offer, I really appreciate it.

Distance shouldn't really be an object in this day and age I suppose, so maybe we could make it work? I'd be happy to make a few trips up to you, and with Vimeo and telephones, we should be able to work at distance.

I have 10 hours of raw footage already, with more to shoot, and I really need a partner who can take on the entire editing role. Obviously, it would be working closely with me as I have the background knowledge and contact with survivors, families and experts, not to mention the story that needs to be told.

Do you think that you have time to take such a project on, with a hard deadline of this September for completion?

I will totally understand if it is too much, in fact I would appreciate your honesty in advance - it would be worse if we got started and you had to bail!

Thanks again for your interest!

I am willing to commit to this, I'm on holiday for a week in August but this shouldn't hold us up as I can work very quickly when needed. Look at the contact details on my website for all the info you need to contact me.

I look forward to working with you.

Thanks again, Midnight, I really appreciate it. At the same time as posting here, I tweeted this request as well. I have three or four other people offering their services as well via email, and one of them lives locally to me which would make working together so much easier.

Would you be so kind as to give me a few days to see who can offer what, and where, and get back to you at that stage? This project means a great deal to many people, especially the survivors and bereaved, and I owe it to them to do the best I can for the project. There is no doubt you would make an excellent job of this film, but I also have to consider location and workflow.

I hope you understand my position?

Thanks again, Midnight, I'll be in touch soon!

No worries Mike, you have to make the right decision for the project and I won't be offended if you choose someone closer to your location, it would make it easier for you. I understand that this isn't just any project for you or the people who where involved from Liverpool. I remember seeing this on the news when it happened and then seeing the lies, lack of responsibility from the authorities and the cover up developing later.

Like I said even if it's just a consulting role I'm happy to help.