Thread: StroMotion Video Effect

Talking StroMotion Video Effect

Hey,
    I made a video a while back that combines tricking/free running moves with the StroMotion effect. I love this effect so much and really wanted to make a video with it. I also used Twixtor to achieve the slow motion within the video. If you could please check it out and let me know what you think it would mean the world to me!

Get By l StroMotion Tricking - YouTube

Thank you!
    Chris (ChrisMiBrooker)

I think it looked very nice, it held my interest to the end but I'm glad you kept it at about one and a half minutes. I like that you really made an effort to get nice looking shots included with your very accomplished skills.

At 0:44 you do a series of tumbles etc. then at 0:50 the camera seems to pan back and you do it again. This is a different sequence so it's a different clip but what did you use to make it look as though you panned back to the beginning of the first tumbles sequence again.

Well done.

Blog Entries

I think that technically you accomplished the effect superbly. I'm not sure that it worked artistically though - the combination of the slow mo and the stromotion (and especially the chopping between them) made the tricking (if I'm using the right term) seem far less impressive than it would appear if it had mainly been show straight or in slow mo, with just a tough of stromon.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I think it looked very nice, it held my interest to the end but I'm glad you kept it at about one and a half minutes. I like that you really made an effort to get nice looking shots included with your very accomplished skills.

At 0:44 you do a series of tumbles etc. then at 0:50 the camera seems to pan back and you do it again. This is a different sequence so it's a different clip but what did you use to make it look as though you panned back to the beginning of the first tumbles sequence again.

Well done.
    Thank you! I'm really glad you liked it.
    As of that effect, I linked (parented) the two shots together then just adjusted the position so the new shot replaced the first shot, I then added a crossfade so it looked smoother (in After Effects).

Thanks again!

The best part is when the freeze-frames are in front of you and you jump into them; I was thinking "Wow - is he really going to do that?" and of course you did it; really cool

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malone View Post
    The best part is when the freeze-frames are in front of you and you jump into them; I was thinking "Wow - is he really going to do that?" and of course you did it; really cool
    Haha! Thank you, I'm really glad you liked it

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    I think that technically you accomplished the effect superbly. I'm not sure that it worked artistically though - the combination of the slow mo and the stromotion (and especially the chopping between them) made the tricking (if I'm using the right term) seem far less impressive than it would appear if it had mainly been show straight or in slow mo, with just a tough of stromon.
    this exactly, to me it looks like you played with the effect without actually trying to make a "real" vid out of it, tell a story (figuratively speaking of course)

also the superposition of SFX made it look a little "glitchy" at times

Quote Originally Posted by hadoq View Post
    this exactly, to me it looks like you played with the effect without actually trying to make a "real" vid out of it, tell a story (figuratively speaking of course)

also the superposition of SFX made it look a little "glitchy" at times
    Okay, thank you for your honest opinion. I'll make another video using this effect in the future and forward it to you
    Got a moment to spare? Check this out
    http://www.youtube.co.uk/ChrisMiBrooker