Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I shoot in the rain

Default How do I shoot in the rain

I have seen many expensive rain covers for mlarge video cameras but I am not having much luck finding a rain cover for a Panasonic HS300 with Rode mic, can anyone point me in the right direction please, no bin liners,, carrier bags, freezer bags etc, looking at about 50-80

Thanks

Have you tried on of THESE. I keep a plastic carrier bag in my camera bag incase of emergencies.

I think you're probably looking for something like THIS

You little beauty , getting close, what I need is one that also covers the mic like this, but these are for large cameras

Oh and THANK YOU for that site, they are trying to find me one,
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JR1; 07-02-2012 at 12:24 PM.

Blog Entries

There are two types, cheap or expensive.

The cheaper ones are plastic and,as Midnight pointed out, you might as well use an umbrella or a plastic bag. They will make your camera "sweat" and cause condensation problems, especially with tape camcorders.

On the other hand, if you spend on something like a portabrace (PortaBrace - Home) you will get a breathable case but it will cost a lot more.

It really is a case of you get what you pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrandt Rob View Post
    There are two types, cheap or expensive.

The cheaper ones are plastic and,as Midnight pointed out, you might as well use an umbrella or a plastic bag. They will make your camera "sweat" and cause condensation problems, especially with tape camcorders.

On the other hand, if you spend on something like a portabrace (PortaBrace - Home) you will get a breathable case but it will cost a lot more.

It really is a case of you get what you pay for.
    Agreed, have contacted the supplier above and am waiting for a reply. Don't want plastic HDC-HS300 Panasonic

I'd be interested to know if they do a rain cover for such a small camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I'd be interested to know if they do a rain cover for such a small camera.
    It may be small but there are smaller, what is "small" its about the norm for vid cams

I wasn't meaning that your camera was piratically small. As you say it is about the same size as a lot of cameras. I meant it is small for a company like that to bother to make a rain cover for it as they aim more toward the pro market where there are much bigger cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I wasn't meaning that your camera was piratically small. As you say it is about the same size as a lot of cameras. I meant it is small for a company like that to bother to make a rain cover for it as they aim more toward the pro market where there are much bigger cameras.
    Ah I see, just as there are more tripods aimed at DSLRs than Compacts, I have noticed that, cameras in the 2k+ area appear to have most of the accessories if I find one, which I will I will post the supplie here

Yes there are all sorts of gadgets and gizmos aimed at that market. I suppose they think if you've got 2 or 3 grand to through at a camera then you'll want all the other stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast