Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Need a One-Sentence female voice audio recording

Default I Need a One-Sentence female voice audio recording

Up front, this is not a paying job, but I was not sure where else to post this:

I'm am making a video book trailer for my wife's newest book (U.S. Civil War historical fiction genre). I need a certain type of female voice to read (actually voice act) a one-sentence script line. The difficult part is that I need an American, old-Southern dialect speaking woman's voice. Specifically, a black American female voice. Less importantly, I am also looking for two additional male voices (Southern dialect) to voice act one-sentence each.

Since I am currently living and working in Kuwait it is dang near impossible to find what I need locally. So, I'm begging here in the hopes of finding someone who can do such a voice impression(s), record it and email the audio file. If interested, please provide contact information in a private message here on the forum and I will provide you with the script line(s).

Thanks
    Digger

I'd have thought a USA video forum would give you more chance of success digger. Don't get many southern belles around these parts
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    I'd have thought a USA video forum would give you more chance of success digger. Don't get many southern belles around these parts
    I hear you...we don't get many down here in the Persian Gulf area either. And a 'Southern Belle' is not exactly the voice I'm looking for...I need something more along the lines of Hattie McDaniel's character "Mammy - House Servant" in the movie "Gone With the Wind."

I don't participate in any USA video forums; I like the company on this one. A much more civil group of chaps here.

And we are very pleased to have you here. I'm afraid I can't help with this one but good hunting.

I could try and impersonate for you but I don't think it would be what you are looking for

Hope you find your lady

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    And we are very pleased to have you here. I'm afraid I can't help with this one but good hunting.
    Thanks, Midnight. Your expertise on Vegas Pro has been VERY helpful to me over the years. I truly appreciate it.

7. Default

[QUOTE=worddigger;184092]
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    I don't participate in any USA video forums; I like the company on this one. A much more civil group of chaps here.
    I did not know this is not a USA forum but then again, I wasn't interested in where it was based. I only joined just over a month ago to learn from others and make contacts.

I have a cousin from Alabama who speaks with a strong southern dialect

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by badamailey View Post
    I did not know this is not a USA forum but then again,
    You're right that it doesn't matter where forums like this are based, but the comment above shows why US Americans sometimes get a bit of a bad name. It typifies someone who simply assumes that if it's on the Web (invented by an English man) and in English (spoken be ...erm ... ) it must be US American. There again, it's not such a bad assumption when you consider that there are approximately four times as many people speaking English as a first language in the USA as there are in the next highest country (UK)

I'm not having a pop at you badmailey, you're very welcome here. You're guilty of no more than most of your fellow countrymen who fail to understand there's a world outside your own borders.

But the clue that this might not be a us forum is in the .co.uk domain name.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    You're right that it doesn't matter where forums like this are based, but the comment above shows why US Americans sometimes get a bit of a bad name. It typifies someone who simply assumes that if it's on the Web (invented by an English man) and in English (spoken be ...erm ... ) it must be US American. There again, it's not such a bad assumption when you consider that there are approximately four times as many people speaking English as a first language in the USA as there are in the next highest country (UK)

I'm not having a pop at you badmailey, you're very welcome here. You're guilty of no more than most of your fellow countrymen who fail to understand there's a world outside your own borders.

But the clue that this might not be a us forum is in the .co.uk domain name.
    Ah yes, quite true: The Americans and the British; two peoples separated by a common language.
    Last edited by worddigger; 07-03-2012 at 12:16 PM.

Just a note to let everyone know I found the voices I needed. See the 'Just for Fun' forum for details.
    Thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast