Thread: Another Vegas question

Default Another Vegas question

I posted a question yesterday and got such good advice I am going to post another. I work for the sewer district here in my town. We have the robotic cameras that inspect the sewer lines underground. Each of our manholes have a unique number. Sometime though the guys enter the information wrong and I need to edit it. I have attached a picture and the part that needs editing is the top left hand corner. I have looked and looked but I can not get it to work. I feel certain that it will do what I need, I just need to be pointed in the right direction. Again all I need is the little black box with white text for the entire video clip.

Thanks again

This is simple. I'm presuming the black box doesn't move. If you have masking in your software. Mask out the small box, which will leave a blank area. Now on a track above it, place a new piece of text. you will have to size and position it to fit into the space but that should be simple. If you don't have masking in your version of Vegas. Use the Cookie Cutter tool to cut out the piece of text you don't want. If you don't have a cookie cutter tool then it gets a bit more interesting.

Midnight Blue you are the man!!!!! Appreciate it!!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPY DAD View Post
    Midnight Blue you are the man!!!!! Appreciate it!!!!!
    He is. And he's only given you a couple of the options for this. There are other ways, but they are all broadly doing the same thing. Vegas is very flexible for this sort of thing.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    He is. And he's only given you a couple of the options for this. There are other ways, but they are all broadly doing the same thing. Vegas is very flexible for this sort of thing.

Well spill it, lol I am always wanting to learn more

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPY DAD View Post
    Well spill it, lol I am always wanting to learn more
    1. Generated media on track above video track. Just a black solid colour. User pan and crop and/or track motion to make it fit exactly over the bit you want to cover. Text media on the track above that.
    2. Text media on the track above the video with a background colour set to black. Pan and Crop/Track motion to make it fit exactly over the bit you want to cover. (This is probably the most efficient of all solutions)
    3. Create an image in photoshop or similar or any drawing package which has the text you want and a black background. Import this and pan & crop/track motion to fit over thebit you want to cover.

As I say ... all broadly the same thing, but all depends on the circumstances as to which is the "best".
    Tim