Thread: Anyone else excited?!?

Default Anyone else excited?!?

I certainly am excited!

Black Magic are set to bring out a new product very soon.

Blackmagic Design: Blackmagic Cinema Camera

2K resolution...For 2000

If you've not seen this product yet, Have a gander because it really is quite exciting.

I saw this a while back. I think it's the weirdest looking camcorder I've ever seen. I'm sure it will produce nice images but I can't get over the looks.

I love the optional extra of a handle for $195. I will be interesting to see it can cut into the c300 or even 5D MkIII market.

3. Default

I love the way it looks. It sounds incredible.

I've been reading up about this too and it looks like it means business.
    I'd like to hear how well this performs in the real world, from real users. Being slid in and outa bags, clipped on tripods, swapping lenses, clipping mics in and out over 6 months should show if this is as reliable as the makers say. If it performs and is as rugged as it says this is bound to be the quantum leap that dslrs were supposed to offer.
    I hope Nigel Cooper gets to do a review of this. His reviews are usually pretty honest and thorough with no real brand loyalty.
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

Am I right in thinking that the quality of the glass will have to be top notch to get the full benefit of the 2K sensor. ie costing at least as much as the camera.

The quality of the glass, as in most cams will always be crucial. The lens on my current cam cost as much as the camera and it really does make the stock lens look poor.
    My guess is, this is aimed at those DSLR users who'll already have top end optics.
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

This was NAB's biggest surprise earlier this year. On paper this is what I see as almost the perfect camera, a simple no frills camera that focuses on a quality image. I still miss the old way of having the controls entirely as knobs and switches on the body, but maybe a full touch screen could be a good alternative to partial physical/partial onscreen menu driven controls. I'm curious about this as a form factor and how well it operates. Other than that, which may be ok, I love what this camera is doing/offering.

And not having the normal cost of the software that comes free with it is phenomenal.

David.