Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To Pinnacle or not to Pinnacle

Default To Pinnacle or not to Pinnacle

I have always used Pinnacle software and I am verrry happy with 15HD, however, I read here about Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11

I have downloaded it and right away I am most impressed without evenh using it.

Can I have an opinion frm users on their feelings about this before I buy, especially if you have experience of both Pinnacle and this.

Thank you

I moved from Pinnacle after around version 11 or 12 when it just kept failing to burn DVDs properly. I've never looked back. It's not until you try something like Vegas that you realise how restricted you are with Pinnacle. Well that's how I feel about it.

Drop Pinnacle it's rubbish.

Not much else to say on the subject

I am happy with it but I am impressed with the other, will try it for a month, for the 60 it appears a bargain

Blog Entries

Get the Movie Studio Platnum Production Suite for about 35 from Amazon. You get some extras!
    I moved from Pinnacle v9 to Movie Studio back when it was version 6. Never looked back.
    Plus if you really need more, there's no need to relearn stuff if you upgrade to Pro.
    Tim

Maybe just worth a mention here that Avid is selling Pinnacle Studio and Avid Studio to Corel Corp. Corel also acquired Roxio digital media earlier this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Get the Movie Studio Platnum Production Suite for about 35 from Amazon. You get some extras!
    I moved from Pinnacle v9 to Movie Studio back when it was version 6. Never looked back.
    Plus if you really need more, there's no need to relearn stuff if you upgrade to Pro.
    HANG ON A MINUTE, 35 for movie studio platnum appears to most that the 65 package does is that right, if so why would I not get the 35 one instead of the 65 one, advice please "confused"

JR,
    Like TS says, Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum Production Suite 11 is available at about 35 at the moment. It is a bargain.
    See the comparison chart here
    Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11 Product Comparisons

Quote Originally Posted by vkmast View Post
    JR,
    Like TS says, Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum Production Suite 11 is available at about €35 at the moment. It is a bargain.
    See the comparison chart here
    Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11 Product Comparisons
    I note it says it does no do DVD authoring and burning ok silly question, I assume this is not burning vids to CDs as not being able to do that would be pointless

JR,
    check the chart again. Platinum and Platinum Production Suite have DVD authoring and burning and they include DVD Architect Studio.
    Download and install the free 15-day trial version and test for yourself.
    Last edited by vkmast; 07-03-2012 at 01:56 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast