Thread: DVD video and stills look fine but the text from a jpeg comes out distorted

Default DVD video and stills look fine but the text from a jpeg comes out distorted

Hello, I am burning some video, stills and text to dvd. The video and stills look fine but the text from a jpeg comes out distorted. It looks fine on the pc. Can anyone help. Also is there a way to pre-render on Vegas before burning to dvd ?

Blog Entries

What size was the jpeg (pixels x pixels)? Can you post it here?
    Most of the people I know always render to MPEG-2 (video only) and ac3 (dolby audio) then inport those into DVD Architect for burning onto DVD (no further rendering required)
    Tim

Thanks the jpegs are 3130 x384 72dpi. I cannot post it at the moment as I am at work. Do you think the resolution is too low ?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
    Thanks the jpegs are 3130 x384 72dpi. I cannot post it at the moment as I am at work. Do you think the resolution is too low ?
    Given that HD is 1920 pixels wide, that seems unlikely. Hmmmm
    Tim

I had a play around with this last night. I have ruled out it being a tv issue, as although the mpeg is fine, when you play the DVD on the PC you get the same issue. (when I said earlier it looked fine on the PC I was actually playing the MPEG rather than the DVD)
    It is not a jpeg issue as when I remove the jpeg and use Vegas text I get the same issue. I also have the same issue with writing in movie maker as well. So It must be something to do with the DVD burn process, any ideas anyone ?

6. Default

Can you be more specific about your problem ?

You have a JPEG image with some text - is it a photo of text or you have used a paint program to add it ?

What is wrong with the output - is it stretched (in which direction and by how much ?) Is it blurry ? Is it pixelated ?

The videos you have on the DVD, are they 4:3 or 16:9 ?

Can you be more specific about your problem ?

You have a JPEG image with some text - is it a photo of text or you have used a paint program to add it ? Orginally I created a JPEG with plain text, when this came out blurry I re-created the text in vegas, but this did not improve things.

What is wrong with the output - is it stretched (in which direction and by how much ?) Is it blurry ? Is it pixelated ? The jpeg is blurry and pixelated. The text created in Vegas is just blurry

The videos you have on the DVD, are they 4:3 or 16:9 ? I have tried burning to both neither has resolved the issue.

What bit rate is DVDA rendering the DVD at ? Sounds like it might be a bit low. I wouldn't go below 6 Mb.

No checked last nigh it 8mb. Any other ideas

I'm very week when it comes to DVDA settings. As the MPEG2 file looks ok before you burn it to disk at least we know it's something in your settings withing DVDA that is causing the problem. Do you have the right PAL/NTSC settings. ie there is a PAL setting of 704x576 it would be unusual to use this setting normally you would use 720x576.

The only thing I can suggest is to match the setting in DVDA to the render settings you had when you made the mpeg2 file, this will mean DVDA does not have to re-render the file before it burns it to disk.

Can you provide a snapshot of the good version and the bad version for us to compare.