Thread: Composer Wanting Moving image

Default Composer Wanting Moving image

Hello Film makers!

My name is Adam Miller and I'm a composer & Producer currently studying my final year as a BA music production Student. I am very keen to maintain composing over the summer and would love any footage that requires music. Any standard or production is welcome and I will obviously NOT be expecting an payment and will enjoy doing it for free in order to network and develop work relationships with any directors or cinematographers etc.

I haven't got a huge portfolio at the moment but I do have my own Soundcloud account which showcases my recently complete concept album for 'Music for an Action Thriller' (A hypothetical movie)

Please feel free to check out my soundcloud and let me know if your interested in obtain some free music for your moving picture. Adam Miller Music's sounds on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Thanks very much,

Adam Miller - Composer & Producer

Hi Adam welcome to the forum. Your welcome to have a look at my YouTube channel and see if there is a video on there that you might want to re-score, just to keep your hand in over the summer holidays.

Just let me know.

Thank you very much. I've had a look and I've Downloaded 'Jelly fish'. I'll have a play.

Thanks again!

Adam

Ok buddy, if you get something, get a copy of the music to me and I'll attach it to a version of the video and upload it to where ever you want it.

Have fun.

Hi Adam, greetings from Brazil....

Its interesting to see the other side of the coin sometimes, I mean, a composer looking for images.... The ususal is moviemakers looking for a good composition to fit their creations. Nowadays I spend hours at SoundCloud, Jamendo etc looking for a nice song to fit my ideas...

In case youre interested, on June 29th Ill depart for a 15 days canoe trip here in Brazil, and this time taking some good filming equipment.... We have two movies already planned: the first (official) one is a documentary style movie about the trip and the region were visiting. Its called Jalapo (after a plant that grows only there), and its the only "desert" in Brazil. Its a harsh environment, but it also presents some of the most beautiful sceneries you can imagine, specially along the rivers that crosses the area (did I mention were paddling in the desert?? ) The second one is a fun-movie, mixing beautiful scenery with weird and funny paddling/camping/tripping-shots of the group. For the first one I didnt look for the music yet. For the second, were planning to use something like Loaded, from PrimalScream.... no comercial/offical video use, of course! You may find some previous movies here https://vimeo.com/companhiadecanoagem/videos , but all made with a helmet GoPro camera only..... This time well bring real pro HD images to work on editing.

Hope you like the idea, so we can work together... Tony

Hello Tony,

That sounds amazing. I have a GoPro Myself, Lots of Fun! . Your previous trips also look a lot of fun. Once you get back from this next trip and you have a better feel of what you want from me, I can come up with some ideas for the music? I would be more than happy to create something

Message me when your ready for me to do some work.

Cheers,

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Adam.Miller View Post
    Hello Tony,

That sounds amazing. I have a GoPro Myself, Lots of Fun! . Your previous trips also look a lot of fun. Once you get back from this next trip and you have a better feel of what you want from me, I can come up with some ideas for the music? I would be more than happy to create something

Message me when your ready for me to do some work.

Cheers,

Adam
    Looks fantastic..... Ill drop you a note as soon as we come back. Except if we cant stop before the 65m high waterfal at the 3rd dayl!! Then some sort of requien will be ok!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam.Miller View Post
    Hello Film makers!

My name is Adam Miller and I'm a composer & Producer currently studying my final year as a BA music production Student. I am very keen to maintain composing over the summer and would love any footage that requires music.
    Hi Adam,
    I see you already received a plethora of offers from some of the folks here, so you may already have more material than you can use.

Regardless, here is what I can offer: I am presently developing a volunteer movie project, have already filmed the prototype opening and one major scene piece and have edited them with music from a royalty free Library I normally use. However, your 'sound' is very close to what I think would work very well for the movie, and a consistent scored theme would be much better.

I'm willing to send you a video mix of both scenes, without the music score, so you may use them to practice with. If what you compose fits better than the music I currently mixed them with, then I may have an entire short feature for you to score.
    Here are the particulars:
    Name of Movie: "The Lamp" - A contemporary adaption of the Genie and the Lamp story, set in the post-Gulf War desert of Kuwait.
    logline: While playing with a metal detector a man inadvertently sets off an old land mine which uncovers an antique lamp. When the lamp is examined a hip Genie with an iPhone loaded with apps comes out and ... well, there are several funny situations that follow, all occurring against the backdrop of a modern-day desert broadcasting facility and the looming possibility of regional war. In the end, it all turns out to be a dream.

If interested, let me know with a PM.
    Thanks