Thread: NEED HELP ON 3 IMPORTANT QUESTIONS!

Default NEED HELP ON 3 IMPORTANT QUESTIONS!

1) I am not able to do dissolves in Vegas. When I checked the help menu, it says I have to pick the dissolve I like out of the transition menu and drag it onto the timeline. I am able to go to the dissolve menu but am not able to drag anything on the timeline. It wont let me. Am I doing something wrong? Was there something I was supposed to do before that?
    2) Hi I have shot on the Panasonic DVX 100-A camera in the 24p Standard format. I know how to make basic cuts and save the vegas projects. However, when I need to RENDER AS, I have so many options. I am in california so I know it needs to be NTSC. If I am editing this movie to be transferred to 35mm or straight to DVD, what do i need to render my files as?
    3) Doing the titles/credits for my project on Vegas, doesnt seem like too much of a good idea because the titles dont look like they would for a motion picture. How do I make the titles look richer in Vegas? If not, how would I be able to use a 3rd party tool to do the titles and credits?

HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED BECAUSE I HAVE TO EDIT A FEATURE!
    Sesh

Default see email....

see email

Blog Entries

Trompettiste.

We would ALL like to know the answers....

agree with turnmedia ...

Default ok ok ok!

Hey Sesh,

Glad to help as much as I can

1) Umm this is hard to explain. You know how when you put media in a track and it comes up as a rectangle on the timeline? Then move your mouse to the top right corner of the rectangle so that the cursor changes to something that resembles a quarter-circle. Drag this back into the rectangle and you will see a shaded region appear with a fade out. Then drag your dissolve effect into that area. It that doesnt make sense (which it probably doesnt email me back and when I get home I will send you some screenshots to explain this)

2) It is best to save into straight AVI uncompressed. Make sure you save it in the 24p standard format and in NTSC. To transfer to DVD, you will need DVD authoring software; such as DVD Architect (packaged with Vegas in Vegas + DVD) or for a more simple one, Nero VIsion (as part of Nero). It will reencode the video so it can be used for DVD. 35mm, you should not have a problem on how u render it.

3) Titles can look kinda good on Vegas if you play around enough. I am presuming you have played around with the Credits in Media Generator, and in there, although limited, you can change fonts (play around with fonts) and colours. Play around with text media too, and using that in conjunction with pan/crop and track motion (particularly 3D) you can achieve some nice results by keyframing. If you need more info on this please email me, I am more than happy to help. If you still yearn for more Boris Graffiti does some titiling for Vegas, but personally I dont use it.

Andrew

thx trompettiste.

have a question about ur answer 2
    i m making the movie with vegas 5, and think i will use adobe encore DVD or dvd architect to create the dvd with menu then burn it.

do i have also to export the movie in avi uncompressed before to make menu and make dvd ?

or do i have to render as mpeg2 .... ?

Default Render

Either way you have to render it. Rendering it as an MPEG-2 may result in not having to re-render that in DVD Arcjhitect or Encore but I am not sure of this. Rendering it as an avi will also work, it will just mpeg-2ise in DVD architect or Encore

Blog Entries

Trompettiste is correct about MPeg2s. DVD architect will create your DVD much quicker with no re-render if you create MPeg 2 files. I have found that DVDa 3 is very much quicker than DVDa 2 as well. Odd, but true. Better too to create separate video and audio streams.

so i have to save it like this:

then i can create the dvd with adobe or sony, and all will be encode in mpeg2 at the end. that's it?

quality is the same with all software? because i don't ming how long it takes to encode, with have very powerfull computer for network rendering. so maybe it would be faster to use vegas to render it. i dont know if the other software can render in network