Thread: Problem with video editing

Default Problem with video editing

I will try and give as much information as possible.

I bought a cheap video camera, i know the worst kind but was so i didnt mind it getting hit, a little while ago.

It has been filming fine and edited it on my old laptop using Windows Movie Maker.
    For the cost of the camera and the software I was using I was quite happy.

I decided to buy a new desktop PC to help editing the video as the laptop was on its last legs.

At the same time I have decided I want to get some better software.

I downloaded Adobe Premier Elements 10 and Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11 trials to see what they were like.

Now comes the problem.

Using Quicktime, Windows Movie maker, VideoImpression 2 and even Adobe Organiser the videos play fine.

When I use the better programs however, the audio plays fine but I only get brief flashes of video.

Using the Movie Inspector mode in Quicktime I have found out that they are in "Motion JPEG OpenDML" format.

I will be honest in saying that I dont know a great deal about computer software and even less about video editing.

I have tried downloading various codecs and codec packs but have had no luck.

If anyone can give me any advice or help it would be greatly appreciated.

2. Default

I think maybe you should convert the video to something else. I mean try a convertor program like Carbon Coder to change the movie. I think this may work.

I had this type of problem with one of my videos, the program you are using to watch the video does not like the format or video size im guessing, uploading it to youtube will most probably solve the issue (that worked for me).