Thread: Re-igniting my creative spark - introduction

Melbourne, Australia

Default Re-igniting my creative spark - introduction

Hey all! Just joined this forum to get back into an old hobby. I studied 10 years ago and did an advanced diploma in multimedia/animation/design. Since I finished it I got into another completely different field (construction) but I still keep my skills up in photoshop from time to time.
    I recently slapped together a small video I made with my gopro camera while on the jetskis (nothing creative/artistic about it really) - got myself sony vegas pro 10 - taught myself how to use it and rendered the video out all in about 3 hours. After I made it I thought, 'shit I missed doing this stuff!'

(Watch in HD only)

So after weeks of research, I just baught a new Panasonic hc-v700. Im heading off to Europe for the first time in a month (for a month) and plan on getting as much footage as possible - possibly a bit of nightclub scenes/low light - hence why I decided on the v700.. I chose not to get the canon hf g10 because of the 24p only. I wanted the highest frame rate I could get for the budget. Just that the PAL version only does 50p vs 60p for NTSC for this model camera. I want to do a bit of slow-motion and preserve the crisp sharpness.

Im hoping the video quality from this camera will be highly improved compared to the go pro in slow-motion using the same method in my video above?

Im actually excited to get back from my holiday, just to spend the comming months to make an epic video!
    Last edited by dcptr; 06-10-2012 at 03:58 AM.