Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nightmare Wedding

Default Nightmare Wedding

I had a nightmare about doing a wedding last night. I did everything wrong that I could possibly do wrong. I walked to the church with one little camera in stead of driving with all my gear. I hadn't charged the batteries, I had no tripod or other support. The wedding was for some ex-TV person who was really fussy about the quality and "capturing the moment".

It wasn't a traditional wedding so I had no idea what was going to happen when. I'd see something I needed to shoot then run over to it and by the time I got there it had finished then find out there was something really important happening in another room, so I'd run over to the other room just in time to hear everyone say how loverly it was. Every time I missed something I knew I would get "that look" from the bride. I also knew I couldn't just leave the camera rolling because that would waste the batteries. etc......

In the end I shouted out to everyone "that's it, stop what you're doing. Somebody give me a lift home so I can get my car and the rest of my gear, then we can do this properly". Then I woke up.

So doctor what does it all mean ?

Bloody hell MB .....

I normally wake up after being chased by teletubbies riding on the backs of sea snails with light sabres .. just before I get taken out by LA LA Darth Vada rescues me and we go scuba diving.

What does this mean ? .....

Apart from I need to get institutionalised (a.s.a.p) ..... maybe its means I am worrying about watching too much T.V and eating too much cheese.

Your dream seems very normal to me I wouldn't worry if I were you.

Oh yea maybe it means you have a secret desire to film a wedding soon.

Bob, is your last name Skywalker ?

Oh yea maybe it means you have a secret desire to film a wedding soon.
    The one thing I have always maintained in my videoing experiences is "I don't do weddings", perhaps I'm resisting them too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Bob, is your last name Skywalker ?
    No .... I wish

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    The one thing I have always maintained in my videoing experiences is "I don't do weddings", perhaps I'm resisting them too much.
    Team up with Zero and get a tour of the scary world first hand ....rather you than me .....

Be afraid ......be very afraid

So doctor what does it all mean ?

I have just checked my crystal ball on this. And it says you should "Do Wedding Videos".

I did here of a case years ago of major wedding event costing thousands, money was no object. It was a huge church ceremony. And to the Videographers horror nothing was recorded. The parents insisted on paying for the whole thing to be done all over again.

It's a good job you two aren't real doctors.

Surly the message is, stay away from weddings at all costs.

MB .... Don't given in to fear.

Remember as my good pal yoda once said.

Fear leads to anger
    Anger leads to hate
    hate leads to suffering.

Just realized by the way that "Star Wars" has surfaced again in my post do you think I need help with this.

Oh yea you will have to shoot Daisy's wedding he he he !!!!

Appreciate it is while off so you have plenty of time to address this fear,

When that time comes I certainly won't be doing it my self. One thing I will do is make sure a videographer is booked before the photographer as if I'm paying for it I want to make sure we are not having to ask a student to do it on the cheep "to help with his portfolio". I wonder what cameras will be around in 10-15 years, I quite like the look of those holographic cameras from Star Trek.

I do try to take myself out of my comfort zone, just to see if I can do it but I wouldn't want to mess up someones wedding day for my own selfish reasons. Not even to prevent me from going into the dark-side.

Don't blame you .... much more important to enjoy the day compared to looking at it through a viewfinder.
    Holographic cameras would be cool ..... cant' be far away now I imagine seeming that we get technology way out of date compared to government / industrial military complex.
    God only know whats out there right now??
    The mind boggels.... especially when you think about genetic engineering !!!!!

Yes spoiling someones wedding wouldn't be good MB......
    Then you would definitely need a teleporter from Star Trek never mind a holographic camera!!!

P.s - Looking forward to watching "Britain in a day" this Monday BBC2 9.00pm (looked into it) .....BOOKMARKED!

we get technology way out of date compared to government / industrial military complex
    True, if you want to waste an afternoon Google "Project Blue Beam".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast