Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Short Fly-Fishing Documentary: Please Critique!

Default Short Fly-Fishing Documentary: Please Critique!

This was a short fly-fishing video that I did for a school project at Oakland University....I know the beginning is a little rough but I hope you enjoy the rest!

The Art of Fly-Fishing - YouTube

You had a good variety of shots but because of the poor quality you uploaded to YouTube this was spoilt for me. Pinnacles Smart Sound failed in this instant to give a smooth transition of the music. The music often changed very suddenly which made the piece seem disjointed. It would be interesting to see this in a better quality format to see if it improves the over all feel of the piece.

Yes the video quality is poor and I could not read the text at the beginning wrong font and colour.

The music did it no credit at all wrong choices completely and to loud, on transitions in Pinnacle leave a gap between each track then fade the sound in and out. There is some watery slow soft effect water tracks in Pinnacle that would match the theme of the video. Not fast paced for this. Also its best if you can use the original video sound track if any sound of the river flowing etc. bring this sound up fading the background music, in clips were there is no original sound, bring up the background music. Its all about being creative.

I apologize that the video quality was poor and yes I agree with the poor choice of musical score but does anyone have any positive things to say about this video...Worked quite hard on it and it actually received an A for Studio Art class. It has received over 8,000 views on you-tube...there must be some good in it!?

There is a good variety of shots. That is a good thing. I suspect 8,000 views is more a reflection of peoples interest in fly fishing than the quality of your video. Re post a better quality version of it that might help.

Thank you Midnight...I will try and work on a new version with better image quality!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I suspect 8,000 views is more a reflection of peoples interest in fly fishing than the quality of your video.
    Absolutely. You could make a technically perfect video, yet receive very few views if it doesn't have the right content (or keywords). Content is by far the most important aspect of any film.
    Last edited by TimStannard; 06-07-2012 at 10:38 PM. Reason: corrected quoting
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Absolutely. You could make a technically perfect video, yet receive very few views if it doesn't have the right content (or keywords). Content is by far the most important aspect of any film.
    Tim is absolutely correct.

A very rough idea of how popular your topic is can be gleaned from the following:

Hang Gliding returns about 7.7M results on Google
    Britney Spears returns about 50.2M
    Fly Fishing returns a whopping 61.7M
    The Beatles returns 63.9M
    Jesus Christ returns 134M

Hence you can see that your topic is quite popular. As an aside, if Google had been available in the 60's, Lennon could have actually fact-checked whether or not the Beatles were more popular than Jesus Christ.

Zam

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zamiotana View Post
    if Google had been available in the 60's, Lennon could have actually fact-checked whether or not the Beatles were more popular than Jesus Christ.
    Love it. That would make a brilliant sig. I might even tweet it to my two followers.
    Tim

edit ...........
    Last edited by enc; 06-07-2012 at 11:00 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast