Thread: Jedi Knight, Exile - Star Wars Fan Film

Default Jedi Knight, Exile - Star Wars Fan Film

Hello there.

Long story short, I had couple of weeks of free time and decided to combine few different ideas I had; now these ideas have taken a form of short Star Wars fan film. I tried all sorts of new stuff like set extensions, including 3d elements and all those things that environment like Star Wars offers and requires. I had fun doing it and I am satisfied with the way it turned out considering the near-zero budget. Check it out, I'm sure you won't get bored.

Jedi Knight, Exile | Star Wars Fan Film - YouTube

Any feedback or comments are very welcome. I tried to improve many aspects from my older films.

Thanks for watching.

...And almost forgot, all 12 roles were acted by one man. Cloning has always been one of my favorite tricks, did you think it worked well and did you notice it?

I think it's time you used your skills with a more involved story line. You get a good look to your videos and can pull off the effects etc. BUT without a good story behind it, it makes me wonder what it's purpose is. You are beyond the stage of just practising, use you talents more wisely Luke.

May the force be with you.

Thank you. I see what you mean with moving on to more story based videos, but I'm kind of forced to work with the resources I have. I don't really have too much time to film anything these days with both studies and work. This one I managed to film as I had two weeks off, but I wouln't have had time to film anything much longer. When I don't have time for longer film (not to mention other people who would have time and interest) I shoot what I can; usually short scenes with more VFX than dialogue as they are usually what is "fun" to shoot in short time. I have shot couple of 40-50min films with proper storyline, but I have learned much since and they are starting to look outdated in my eyes.

You obviously are a big star wars fan. The only glaring things I noticed was wobbly camera shots, a barking dog and what sounds lie a plane overhead. I realise that your budget wouldnt have stretched to filming on the actually forest moon of Edor but the sound could have been dubbed.
    Last edited by jimbob2k; 06-08-2012 at 01:58 PM.

I did notice both the dog and the plane but decided to leave them in. The dog was not too noticeable in my opinion and it is forest after all with wildlife in it. The plane I decided to leave only because in the ending scene there are ships in the background and kind of hoped people would simply assume it is something starwarsish instead of ordinary plane.

But then again, I can always wait 30 years and do a special edition.

Lol yeh, with the dog shooting first!