Thread: Having Trouble uploading DVD and or Video content from External Harddrive

Default Having Trouble uploading DVD and or Video content from External Harddrive

Good evening! I completed my first full length documentary in 2010 and I wanted to upload it to 'viddler' which allows longer videos. I have found the working files to upload but I can not seem to get it to work. The DVD and Project on the external has a menu and title and perhaps this is inhibiting it from uploading? Anyway, when I click on my project from the external hard drive it shows that its a bundle file...is this a good thing!? I need some help as I would really like to upload this Fishing documentary for others to view. Thank you!

A bundle file is not a good thing. Read THIS PAGE and it clearly explains what format you should try and up load to them.

Thank you...I got it to work but wondered what a bundle file is and if I can change it so that it can be opened?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by baetis View Post
    Thank you...I got it to work but wondered what a bundle file is and if I can change it so that it can be opened?
    From the documentation "When you upload a Final Cut Studio project file and its media files, you upload either a bundle asset that contains the project file and media files, or the project file and each of its media files as independent assets. If you upload the project file and its media files as a bundle asset, you can export the bundle asset in three simple steps."

My assumption is that you woudl use this if you wanted to export an entire project so that you or anothe Final Cut user could continue the edit on another machine.
    Tim