Thread: Titanic CryEninge Movie Project !

Default Titanic CryEninge Movie Project !

Hi,

Iam working on a Titanic Movie Project with the Eninge from the Video Game Crysis (Cryengine2 ). Ive allready done a Beta version i hope you enjoy it like i do have fun !

The Beta

Titanic 2012 HD Beta - YouTube

Trailers 4 the Final Version

Titanic 2012 CryEnige Movie Project Trailer 2 HD - YouTube

Titanic 2012 HD Final Trailer ( Promo) - YouTube

It looks like a ton of work went into this. While not perfect it's way beyond anything I could do. One thing you could easily fix is all the fade to blacks are way too long. At first I thought YouTube had broken.

It could do with some more work and I understand this is only a beta things like the guys in the engine look as if they are punching the fires. There are no women to wave off the ship at the beginning and it does seem to go on for a while until anything happens. If you can add more dialogue that would help.

Well done for what you have done so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    It looks like a ton of work went into this. While not perfect it's way beyond anything I could do. One thing you could easily fix is all the fade to blacks are way too long. At first I thought YouTube had broken.

It could do with some more work and I understand this is only a beta things like the guys in the engine look as if they are punching the fires. There are no women to wave off the ship at the beginning and it does seem to go on for a while until anything happens. If you can add more dialogue that would help.

Well done for what you have done so far.
    Hey,

thanks a lot ! yes you are right its a lot of work to do and iam working on it right now, the most time goes into the dialogs its not so easy to create that but it makes a lot of fun too. There will be also a new intro more womans more dramatic and new sinking scenes sad that i could not modding the characters but ok not everything is possible with the Editor sorry 4 my english iam from germany.

I think the work you put into this is very obvious.

What aspect of the Titanic is of the most interest to you? Can you work this aspect into the movie?

For me, the most interesting aspect of the Titanic tragedy is that it happened at a time when the future looked brightest. Robert F Scott had died a few days earlier but nobody had found out yet and "the world was on a roll". If I was making your movie, I would try to have it shout "unfettered exuberance". Unfortunately, it would probably end up shouting "self-indulgent pap", but that's probably OK too since this is my style.

Zam

Did I unerstand this was created using some software used by Linux-folk?...the names were unfamiliar to me.
    However, much of the footage (inc early-on some Russians...were they steerage?), looked like old Titanic film, yet I thought very little existed . . . and the tune was "almost" out of Titanic . . . or did you compose something that "sounded like"? Dunno. Where the band was playing on deck(?)the music didn't match, so I'd like to see the music being part of the footage, rather than a blanket wrapper. I didn't watch as far a fades-to-black mentioned elsewhere.
    As to that era, I though the reason it was made "unsinkable" was because W-S Line had a poor reputation - otherwise why add extra weight/cost?
    Safetly doesn't normally doesn't sell (see all the gismos on cars, but folk really want to know about MPG, acceleration, etc, not how well it brakes/steers in the snow, etc.). Why were passengers that concerned then?
    (+The logic for the v.few lifeboats was that Atlantic shipping lane was very busy and it was thought another boat would be behind them . . the tragety was they were off the main shipping-lane TRYING to avoid icebergs in genral, but due to the ship's wireless being operated for profit, never got the important message. The lack of heating in the crow's nest was a fundamental flaw . . . and running at night in a becalmed sea without an arc-light was madness itself.

I thought that Titanic-Story has been done to the Nth degree - the Cameron one was refreshing and took advantage of computers to tell a more-lively (believable) story . . . so I'm forgetting what story you are telling? . . . maybe a land-based tragety of one passenger would fit better with a limited budget . . . but historical events are difficult.
    Maybe give the audience a brief intro explaining what the film shows...your connection, etc...
    Good luck.
    Last edited by vidmanners; 06-09-2012 at 01:12 AM.