Thread: Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere Pro

Default Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere Pro

Hello everyone,

I'm new on here and I didn't know where to put this thread but I guess I haven't made anything yet (pre-production) so I guess this is the place to be.

I wanted some advice for a few things

1) Which is easier to use/better for beginners Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere Pro? (or should I just get both)
    Is it just about using them really?

2) What is the name of the technique when you make a video slideshow but the pictures replace each other by coming in vertically then horizontally.

I would really appreciate some help with this

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNB View Post
    Hello everyone,
    1) Which is easier to use/better for beginners Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere Pro? (or should I just get both)
    Is it just about using them really?
    Neither is really easire. it all depends on how intuitive you find the interface/methods. Some people take to one more easily, othere take to the other more easily. Difficult to qualntify. It is possible that if you are already familiar with working with Adobe producet (especially Photoshop), you may well feel initially more comfortable with Premiere.

Both are available for a free time limited trial, and I'd suggest trying the same simple project a couple of times in each to get a "feel" for them.

Quote Originally Posted by WNB View Post
    2) What is the name of the technique when you make a video slideshow but the pictures replace each other by coming in vertically then horizontally.
    This would be either a "slide" transition (where the new image slides in over the top of the old one) or a "push" transition (where the old image is "pushed" out of the frame by the new one.
    Tim

Been there quite recently.... Downloaded both softwares and used them for a month. At the end, bought Vegas! Main reasons:

a) price! Premiere is "just" 3 times more expensive, although the suite comes full loaded with famous programs that a more experience editor will know how to use (not my case of course!)

b) easy of use... With all that power included, Premiere seemed much more complicated.... Again, maybe in a few years Ill think that I need it....

c) tutorials... While testing both, I guess that I found more help to Vegas than to Premiere.... at least the free good ones! Seems like Premiere has always some costs involved to get details... Paid courses, more expensive books etc.

I came to the conclusion that Vegas has a LOT of power to my present experience level.... If I ever master all this, maybe Ill look for more power when Pixar hires me!!