Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Controling the screen workspace

Default Controling the screen workspace

Hey. I have a question. Lwt's say Im working on a project an I want to split the screen to 2, and also to use the Pan/Corp... like viewing a part of the footage in one side of the screen... and may be some other part of another video or a picture in a different part of the screen...
    Or let's say, split the screen to 4, and view 4 different things...
    How can I control the workspace and move things around it?
    Last edited by Punkis; 06-04-2012 at 07:01 AM.

Blog Entries

If you Google for tutorials on Vegas using the terms "Picture in Picture" and "Split Screen" you'll find plenty of instruction. If you get stuck, get back to us.
    Tim

I know how to use the Pan/Corp tool... but i want to control my workspace, and place every clip in a different place. like you can do with text, move it on screen.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Punkis View Post
    I know how to use the Pan/Corp tool... but i want to control my workspace, and place every clip in a different place. like you can do with text, move it on screen.
    Which is exactly what Picture in Picture is. Use the P&C "tool" to crop the image you want and Track Motion to position it. If you want to get clever you can use Pand and crop on generated media (solid white) to create masks in the spaces where you want the images to appear which gives ultimate flexibility but takes a while to get your head around (at least it took me a while). If you're really interested in that there was a lengthy but ultimately succesful attempt by Grazie to explain this to me a few years ago (I've just searched and can't find it easily)
    Tim

Tim,
    was this the thread you were referring to
    http://www.videoforums.co.uk/sony-ve...ts-screen.html

Ah, it was here . . . . !

. . .

Blimey! - 2007?? 5 years ago . .. nooooooooo . . . .. . not quite a Diamond Jubleee, but 5 years in terms of SonyVegas is like dog years, so that'll be like 60 years?!

. . . . . .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vkmast View Post
    Tim,
    was this the thread you were referring to
    http://www.videoforums.co.uk/sony-ve...ts-screen.html
    Indeed! Well found, sir. Written down it looks much more complex than it is to achieve. In many ways understanding this thread was my "masterclass" into appreciating the depth of the capabilities of Vegas and I am forever indebted to Grazie for opeining my eyes in that discussion (though my indebtedness probably extends to no more than the odd glass of porter )
    Tim

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    Blimey! - 2007?? 5 years ago . ..
    Frightening. I've still got footage of the family that I need to edit from then!
    Tim

"footage " . . . well, with some it's feet with others . . . don't go there Grazie . . . .

Seriously, we are truly blessed with Vegas. Presently it is going through a wee bit of a sticky patch - with all the GPU accel, OFX and blindly new features. We've been here before . . we will be here again. But my point is that at the core of the engineering is a dev-team, a tiny group of people, always pushing for the User and delivering a platform that will be creatively enticing for an editor.

. . 5 years? . . seesshh... whatever happened to Gord? - Gord-only knows . .

. . . . .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast