Thread: My First Music Video (filmed in Maine)

Default My First Music Video (filmed in Maine)

Hi everyone,
    I am branching out into the music video industry and have finished my first video. It is for a country band called Launch Town and I would love to hear what you have to think. Thanks in advance!

Launch Town "Let Live and Be Free" - YouTube

For your first music video I think you've done a good job. I'm not familiar with the usual type of video for this genre of music but the visuals seemed to be fitting. I was a bit confused about the woman with the dark hair singing on her own, why was this ? You seemed to fill the video with lots of different visual content, perhaps a little to much but I still think you've done a good job.

Well it was quite a unique situation. The woman with the black was in Florida and remains there but is part of the band and they wanted to include her so she had someone film her on the dreaded Iphone (hence the low quality). Also after filming the hired band at the theater I realized that I needed more specific shots that I did not get, so we filmed outdoors and in my garage against a black screen (no green screen available at the time). In addition the artist wanted shots from all around the country but with the small budget I had to hand pick stock footage clips that would somehow relate to the storyline. It was all over the place but all in all a learning experience and the client was happy in the end. Thanks for the input!

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    For your first music video I think you've done a good job. I'm not familiar with the usual type of video for this genre of music but the visuals seemed to be fitting. I was a bit confused about the woman with the dark hair singing on her own, why was this ? You seemed to fill the video with lots of different visual content, perhaps a little to much but I still think you've done a good job.

Blog Entries

I too found the variety of visual content a bit confusing. Nice song and good performance which you've captured well. I liked the cliche slowed down snowball shot. From your description, I guess the lesson learned is the importance of storyboarding and a shot list!
    Tim