Thread: Cameraman, photograher and commentator wanted for big charity event

Default Cameraman, photograher and commentator wanted for big charity event

Hello people,
    I am organizing a massive 2 week motorcycle ride round the uk for the Scott Hardy Foundation and need a cameraman, commentator and a photographer to film along the way, interview some of the bikers and committee and take pictures which will all be put on a disc we can sell.
    This event will be held on the August bank holiday this year( I know it's just round the corner but i have been extremely busy sorting out other things), and included at the end will be a big 3 day rally filled with bands, stalls, bouncy castles, beer tent etc.
    As i have previously mentioned, i am doing all this for a worthwhile charitable cause and i would be extremely grateful if i could get these 3 people for free or a very low cost.
    the links for the Facebook page and the Scott Hardy Foundation are as follows:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/​Scott-Hardy-Foundation-Charity​-Ride/234089919942586

www.scotthardyfoundation.org.uk

If anyone can help me please let me know or send a quote and i will be right back in touch with you.
    Thanks very much
    BikerJulie

p.s. I have a couple of spare spaces allocated for stall holders if anyone knows anyone who would like to put a stall up for free or anything else you can think of that would be beneficial to either the ride or the rally, please let me know.

Welcome Biker Julie and Good luck - as the many folk here are pro and have committments . . . also it's not clear where this Run start/stops and where the cameraman/woman is stopping-over, or is this not a road-trip across several counties?

It will have to be someone with biking experience, maybe their own bike too.
    Presumably you are hoping for a 1hr DVD showing the work of the Charity and the various helpers . . . who else will buy the DVD. You also have to consider copyright if you expect music to be added. Good music costs.

Quote Originally Posted by vidmanners View Post
    Welcome Biker Julie and Good luck - as the many folk here are pro and have committments . . . also it's not clear where this Run start/stops and where the cameraman/woman is stopping-over, or is this not a road-trip across several counties?

It will have to be someone with biking experience, maybe their own bike too.
    Presumably you are hoping for a 1hr DVD showing the work of the Charity and the various helpers . . . who else will buy the DVD. You also have to consider copyright if you expect music to be added. Good music costs.

Sorry, let me explain. The ride out starts at the 8 Ball diner in Rivenhall where i will be joined with over 100 motorcyclists who will be doing the first leg of the road trip.
    While everyone is milling about at the 8 ball diner, the cameraman and commentator would go round and speak to the bikers, the committee and the general public who will be attending to see us off.
    The cameraman and commentator and the photographer will be riding along in one of the support vehicles so that the cameraman can film as we go along, when we stop for a break, that's when they get out and start filming, taking pictures and speaking to people again.
    The cameraman, commentator and photographer will be joining us around the whole of the UK for the whole 2 weeks,with free accommodation included. I will also have a catering van that will be coming with us all around the country to supply us with breakfast, lunch and dinner at a subsidized price, and if the cameraman, commentator and photographer have their own vehicle they want to bring along and it's diesel, then that would be totally ok, as all the support vehicles that are accompanying us for the whole 2 weeks will be supplied with FREE diesel as it is being donated to us by First Bus Company.
    At the rally which will be in Chelmsford on the 7th September, again they would go round interviewing people, bikers, stall holders, bands etc while the photographer will be left on his own to take random pictures of everything at the rally.
    We are hoping to sell the d.v.d. to the general public and who ever else wants to buy it as it is for charity. The music will come from the bands we have playing at the rally who have agreed and given us a couple of songs each to make in to a c.d. to sell but also to use as background music for the d.v.d.
    So don't worry, all of that has been covered by our committee solicitor.
    Everything you need to know about the ride and the route itinerary can be found on the Facebook link below.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/​Scott-Hardy-Foundation-Charity​-Ride/234089919942586

Thanks guys, i hope this helps.

Blog Entries

This sounds like a promising gig for someone trying to build a business or who anticipates a quiet September.

What you haven't mentioned is what's happening to the raw footage. Is this just being handed over to an editor who you already have or do you want editing included in the deal (and who is "directing" - at least to teh extent of deciding what sort of footage should be included, the balance etc)
    Last edited by TimStannard; 06-03-2012 at 08:28 PM.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    This sounds like a promising gig for someone trying to build a business or who anticipates a quiet September.

What you haven't mentioned is what's happening to the raw footage. Is this just being handed over to an editor who you already have or do you want editing included in the deal (and who is "directing" - at least to teh extent of deciding what sort of footage should be included, the balance etc)
    I'm hoping that the directing and the editing is all included. If there is a director and editor who also wish to go , let me know.

Hi BikerJulie,

I'm a photographer and videographer based in Leicestershire. I have plenty of equipment and a team at hand so we could fill the three positions you require. We have our own diesel transport so the sound of free travel for the time sounds brilliant.
    We have all the relevant equipment to film and capture the event as well as all the equipment to edit afterwards too.

If your interested let me know, feel free to email me at kris@krishopephotography.com

Best regards,

Kris Hope