Thread: Looking to achieve this effect - Help please?

Default Looking to achieve this effect - Help please?

Greetings everyone, I've not much of a video editor. I do alot of graphic design so I have some knowledge of things, but not a lot! I'm currently looking to achieve this effect on my video Beyonce - Making of Revel Part 1 - YouTube (from 0:34-0:36) . Can someone please lead me to the direction or know what the effect is called so that I may go look up some tutorials?

I believe in Photoshop something like this could be done with a static image with blending modes, but again... video editing, not my area lol. Can this be done in Sony Vegas, or would this require something like After Effects?

Thank you for you help! Glad I found this forum.

<center>

Blog Entries

it's a "Film Burn" overlay. Google it and you'll find plenty of freebies - eg here
    But why on earth follow the pack? this is the current fad effect and will date your video to within a specific six month period in 2012/
    Tim

Thank you for the information & link! I appreciate it.

Also for the tid bit of it being the current fad. I'm no where near informed of video editing techniques or the latest trends in video. I just saw this video, and thought it was interesting because I've seen her team use this effect multiple times. I've done small videos, but never really dug deep into the craft as I have with Graphic Design.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingSoundtrack View Post
    and thought it was interesting because I've seen her team use this effect multiple times
    I rest my case
    I know nothing about graphic design and precious little about video, but I am sure that it is the case in both worlds that anything overused quickly becomes both cliché and passé.
    One clue the the "faddiness"of this effect in video is that this is the effect most people are asking how to achieve on this forum right now. A couple of years ago everyone was asking how to achieve a very shallow depth of field.

One unfortunate side effect of any of these fads is that one recognised as such, interesting and legitimate use of the effects often gets overlooked as jumping on the bandwagon.

Having said that, if the client demands it ....
    Tim