Thread: WARNING - Anyone prone to seziures, do not view

1. Default WARNING - Anyone prone to seziures, do not view

Siezure Anyone? - YouTube

I am/used to claim myself as a truck driver but as of recently I am working on making a demo and planning to bring it to Los Angeles with me around October/Novermber to work on getting a job to get my feet wet in a new industry. I made this video almost 4 years ago and got a good bit of feedback on it. Tho I know that no film is ever complete in the owners eyes I had spent roughly 3-4 months editing in the back of my truck every night after I was done driving. I got antsy and just wanted to get it up to get views and every time I watch it, I wish I would have taken just a little bit more time with it.
    I have made a few other films since this but nothing with a script or planning or budget and nothing in which I was trying to get attention with.
    I just thought I'd throw this up for fun. I have since begun using Avid and I am working to improve my skills as often as possible. Any feedback, even the bad will be heard.

I thought it fitted to the music quite well but that's not a complement for me. I found the music noisy and random. I think I'm just far to old to see any value in a piece like this but you did cut it well to the music.

3. Default

Understandable, thanks for watching

Surrey, UK
    Blog Entries

You say you threw it up for fun, so I guess there's little point asking who you think your target audience is.
    Personally I quite liked the music and enjoyed the editing, but any montage in my book can last a maximum of 1:30, 2 min if really good. And then generally as a sequence within a more "directed" film.

Do people really watch films of this style of this length? I genuinely do not know. If so, that's great. If not, that's great too as you can use absolutely the very best bits only to create a shorter edit.

5. Default

I made the video, I believe 4 years ago. I do know it's a bit long (over 7 minutes long). And now that I have been studying film more heavily over the past 8 months or so (since it was just a hobby) I watch it and see how much should really be taken out... The end where I am yelling into the phone should definitely be removed... After the "I love Philly" part, I think I remember myself just trying to find filler to get to the end of the song, where I should have just ended the song.

It's not my intention to be a film maker or director but I have just read Chris Jones' book, the Guerrilla Film Makers Pocketbook. I recommend anyone reads it!!! Currently reading When the Shooting Stops which is an incredible wealth of knowledge from one of the best editors to date - Ralph Rosenblum. Although I may very well someday go on to direct or produce (if I can be so lucky as to make it that far) I know it begins with grunt work, put downs, and let downs. Times are going to be daunting and I expect that.

Thank you for watching, I really appreciate any input.