Thread: Some videos of Metin2

Default Some videos of Metin2

Hello everyone I'm new to this forum. My name is Sofia and I Don't know if this is the correct section to post this kind of videos.
    I work as a Developer for the company TEC interactive - a gaming company.

I am working as a video editor.
    SO... I'll give you the links here so you can post your opinions about my videos.

[Metin.SG] Nation War | Siege War - YouTube
    [Metin2.SG] Devil's Catacombs - YouTube

Btw this is our youtube channel, from times to times we post more videos with the updates on the server.
    Remember that if you are a Metin2 fan don't exitate in visiting our website: Metin 2 SG - Free to play action MMORPG

I would like to have some comments please

What aspect of the clip (I only watched the 1st one) were you inviting comments? I am not a gamer; and am not sure who the intended audience might be.
    Unlike many clips I see of 'video games', where the images were scraped off the screen, your clip appears to have very high quality, colourful and crisp images. I notice that adverts for games often come with a warning 'not real gameplay'. So - my impression is that your clip shows exactly what the User can see and experience.
    I liked seeing lots of characters. I wish my animation skills could include large groups of people.
    One irritation I find when watching such game play is jerkiness of the movements. For example, the horses charge around looking splendid; then they stop abruptly and appear static until their next big move. This is common, I assume, because gamers can only actually move one or two things at once. And what they don't move tends to remains static. Rather more fun would be to give the characters default movements when not in use, and to include some phyics related to acceleration/deceleration. A horse could, for example, slowly come to a halt, then move it's head or a leg or two.
    Recording of games also suffer because players can choose their own POV. Then the viewer is subjected to a weird, irregular and unsettling collection of odd changes in camera position. If one was wanting to make the scenes more dramatic, I would be inclined to edit them using well known and trusted cinemagraphic rules about cutting and editing.
    Last edited by TimAndrews; 05-28-2012 at 09:14 PM. Reason: a missing word.

First of all thanks a lot for giving me your opinion.
    As for the horse's default moves, while the char isn't in use, those things you sugested the horse to do, actually do happen in this game even tho I agree with you about the part of:
    Quote Originally Posted by TimAndrews
    One irritation I find when watching such game play is jerkiness of the movements. For example, the horses charge around looking splendid; then they stop abruptly and appear static until their next big move.

Also I agree when you say that game publishers always make the cinemagraphic trailers. But to be honest with you:
    1. I'm new to video editing/manipulation
    2. I always get irritated when I see that the gameplay and the trailer have nothing to do one with each other. That's why I try to make trailers who actually show the "truth"/essence of the game

I'm sorry cus my english ain't really the best, but I hope you understood what I've just said.
    Quote Originally Posted by TimAndrews
    If one was wanting to make the scenes more dramatic, I would be inclined to edit them using well known and trusted cinemagraphic rules about cutting and editing.

I'm not sure if I got the point but if I got it right , you're saying that I commited some errors when it comes to 'all of a sudden changing camera spot'. If that's what you meant, and once I'm new to this (I've only made 4 videos till now and I've never studied Media) I would like to ask you for some advices.

PS: I'd like more people to share their opinions please.

Still I am waiting for more replies please