Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Music Video Review (Canon 5d Mark 2, Glidecam 4000)

1. Default Music Video Review (Canon 5d Mark 2, Glidecam 4000)

What's up everyone! Looking for some feedback on one of my music videos i filmed and edited, keep in mind i'm only 19, constructive criticism is greatly appreciated!

Zach Tromp - D.A.R.E. (Drugs Are Really Expensive) - YouTube

Wrong age-group to understand it...was there a message? It looked like a walk though part of a day....

3. Default

basically the point of the song is, if you're going to get high, go out and do things and be productive. As much as it seems like documentary, most of it was acted like the waking up scenes, to fit the style, so if you beleived it then i've done my job haha, but i was honestly looking for a critique of the shots and how it's put together and all that jazz

Videos pretty good for a $0 budget I'm guessing. That getting out of bed scene though took a little too long and the guy seemed like he didn't know what to do exactly(Directing). How long have you been using your steadicam? Needs some tightening up in my opinion. Was this your first video? How long have you been doing this for? Good work stick with it.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by thyself View Post
    Videos pretty good for a $0 budget I'm guessing. That getting out of bed scene though took a little too long and the guy seemed like he didn't know what to do exactly(Directing). How long have you been using your steadicam? Needs some tightening up in my opinion. Was this your first video? How long have you been doing this for? Good work stick with it.
    As for my budget, i dropped $350 on the vape and zach dropped $400 on the huge bong. We're paid out here, but thanks for the concern. The waking up scene took exactly as long as we needed it to, everything kicked in right on time. Only been using the steadicam, not even a steadicam actually it's a glide cam, for a couple months so of course i still have work to do, that's a no brainer. However, there's only a couple parts it really didn't work out in this video for the effect we were going for, i'd love for you to point out every time it needs "tightening up". Was this my first video? with the steadicam it was one of the first real videos yes, but have been living and breathing film since i was 9.

i honestly don't get the feeling you're actually making an effort to assist me in my journey through filmmaking, like so many other kind people on here. no offense but you seem like a bitter dude who's mad at someone my age for going out and trying these things you probably wish you could do at my age. Again, no offense, please correct me if i'm wrong, after all it's the internet.. hard to tell someone's motive haha.

here's my page, aside from video i'm also a recording engineer, mixing/mastering engineer, and hip-hop producer.
    Videos | Ryan James Pinkall

And for the record, I'm only 19 years old,and have an official job in hollywood this summer. Thanks
    Last edited by rjp18; 05-30-2012 at 06:18 AM.

WOW dude you took everything completely wrong. $0 budget meaning no permits production lighting Those kind of things. It's obvious that this is a guerilla video which is awesome. It was nothing personal as for the steadicam or "glidecam" comment didn't know asking an experience question was offensive. I enjoyed the video that's cool your 19 keep it up you only get better. I'm sure Hollywood will welcome you with open arms. Good luck with your career and all future endeavors. Sorry for the miscommunication.

Blog Entries

Ryan, were you on something when you replied to thyself? This is bang out of order and in stark contrast to most of your other replies.

Quote Originally Posted by rjp18 View Post
    The waking up scene took exactly as long as we needed it to, everything kicked in right on time.
    If, in someone's opinion, a scene took to long, then for them it took too long. You can disagree, but you can't tell them they're wrong.

of course i still have work to do, that's a no brainer.
    It's a no-brainer for you, but how are we supposed to know that you aren't completely satisfied with your use of the glidecam (after all you're completely satisfied with the length of the waking up scene - you might just as easily have said "Of course the waking up scene is too long - that's a no-brainer")

Was this my first video? with the steadicam it was one of the first real videos yes, but have been living and breathing film since i was 9.
    So you come on here, ask for constructive criticism and when someone offers some you throw you credentials back at them, as a means of suggesting their views don't count?

i honestly don't get the feeling you're actually making an effort to assist me in my journey through filmmaking, like so many other kind people on here.
    I honestly see no difference between the comments made by thyself and anyone else here. I think you have picked up on a phrase or something he's used and entirely misinterpreted it.

But I'm really struggling to see anything in his post which you could take the slightest offense at.

(And I admire the calm way in which he has responded)

And it would be cool if you could take a leaf out of thyself's book and spend a few minutes commenting on one or two other people's videos.
    Last edited by TimStannard; 05-30-2012 at 08:53 AM.
    Tim

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Ryan, were you on something when you replied to thyself? This is bang out of order and in stark contrast to most of your other replies.

If, in someone's opinion, a scene took to long, then for them it took too long. You can disagree, but you can't tell them they're wrong.

It's a no-brainer for you, but how are we supposed to know that you aren't completely satisfied with your use of the glidecam (after all you're completely satisfied with the length of the waking up scene - you might just as easily have said "Of course the waking up scene is too long - that's a no-brainer")

So you come on here, ask for constructive criticism and when someone offers some you throw you credentials back at them, as a means of suggesting their views don't count?

I honestly see no difference between the comments made by thyself and anyone else here. I think you have picked up on a phrase or something he's used and entirely misinterpreted it.

But I'm really struggling to see anything in his post which you could take the slightest offense at.

(And I admire the calm way in which he has responded)

And it would be cool if you could take a leaf out of thyself's book and spend a few minutes commenting on one or two other people's videos.
    I'll admit i may have had a little bit of a rough day before going on these forums...

i DEFINITELY took the tone of everything the wrong way, i apologize for the miscommunication thyself. I appreciate you taking the time to review my video, and have all the respect in the world for everyone on this forum

Blog Entries

i DEFINITELY took the tone of everything the wrong way, i apologize for the miscommunication thyself. I appreciate you taking the time to review my video, and have all the respect in the world for everyone on this forum
    Group hug
    Tim

10. Default

d'aww :p hahah, sorry 'bout that though guys, nothin but love over here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast