Thread: The Badass March - Gear up!

Default The Badass March - Gear up!

Hi guys.

Just uploaded scene from our second film. This happened to be one of my favorite scenes, it features man called lieutenant Kanonenfutter who in slightly badassish manner marches to inspect his troops, who all seem to be almost two foot taller than him. Yet the character seems to intimidate the troops with his mere presense in a manner that made many praise the actor for his portrayal of this minor character. Hope you like it!

The Badass March - Gear Up! - YouTube

Thanks for watching, and did you notice all of those soldier were played by the same man? Just curious how well the effect sold itself.

The thing I like about your films is the effort and attention to detail that you put into them. If you hadn't mentioned it, I wouldn't have noticed that the soldiers were all the same guy.

I thought the transition from the chess playing scene to the soldiers scene was very good. One thing you seemed to miss was the fact that there is only one soldier in the reflection of the sunglasses.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    One thing you seemed to miss was the fact that there is only one soldier in the reflection of the sunglasses.
    I don't know about miss. Creating that effect wouldbe a toughie.
    I did notice one of the soldier's arms dissolving in the scene staring at 1:40 but otherwise I thought it was nicely done.
    Tim

Thanks guys. I did notice the reflection on the glasses when editing the clip (I was the one in military uniform and thus didn't notice it while filming), but as Tim said, it wouldn't have been too easy to edit out. Reflective sunglasses have always been bane of our cloning scenes, so it has almost become a running joke. Only once has the reflection been a positive factor; one time it actually reflected the person the character was talking to, but not the cameraman. Small miracles.