Thread: Best thing I've ever filmed

Default Best thing I've ever filmed

Definitely my best work so far. German car show in Helen Georgia last weekend called Southern Worthersee. Enjoy!

Southern Worthersee | 2012 | HD - YouTube

Hi, saw your you tube video, i like it. I want to do something simlar with cars, (Not your idea) I am not a film maker just starting really. What software are you using ?, could a beginner use it ? can i buy it in the U.K. on the web.
    I have been up for 26 hours working, my eyes are hurting, i want to go to bed.

PLEASE ANWSER ME.

P.S. i must be able to use it on a HP and Mac laptop, These things can fly a spaceship, model numbers i don't know.

Thanks.

Bluebook.

I use adobe premiere pro and adobe after effects. After effects is tough but a beginner could figure out premiere. I know someone that pirates software so I got them burned for basically nothing. You should attempt to find something similar..retail on adobe products is like $500 a copy. And I just use a crappy toshiba laptop so you should be fine on whatever you have

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Rihl View Post
    I know someone that pirates software so I got them burned for basically nothing.
    No you didn't. You stole from the rest of us.
    Piracy or is not welcome here. This is a forum where people obtain their software and material legally.
    Tim

Well said Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    No you didn't. You stole from the rest of us.
    Piracy or is not welcome here. This is a forum where people obtain their software and material legally.
    So basically what you're saying is since i'm a broke college student who can't shell out the thousand dollars that premiere and after effects costs I should give up on film making, something I love to do, rather than just accept the software from the guy offering it to me for $20? I'm not about to feel guilty for not purchasing an outrageously overpriced product from a billion dollar company like adobe...sorry. Not the same thing as downloading music, i'd actually feel remorseful about that.

Blog Entries

Luke, let's be frank here. Your video ain't no masterpiece and could have been edited on cheaper software. You can buy older versions of Premiere and After Effects very, very cheaply (I know, I still use 'em) and they would have produced the same result. The reason why Adobe charges so much, because people like you steal the product, so they have to calculate piracy into the cost.

Once your videos and editing become better than the software, you can moan about the cost of upgrading, until then I suggest that you learn the basics of your craft with software you can afford.