Thread: Music Video shot on 5D

1. Cool Music Video shot on 5D

Heya All,

I have a new video on my YouTube channel and this time its a music video I shot / edited for Cape Town based band, Cold Hand Chemistry.

Please check it out and let me know what you think.

Cheerioz!
    Ruan
    Twitter: @ruanlotter

One of the few music genres I can forgive the wavy cam look, though, for me, there were just too many of them. Not sure the endless sets of bars wasn't overkill to make a point either.
    A nice tight edit though with good colour treatment and a cracking track with a good hook. The change of dresses went right over my head though.
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

I thought it was nicely shot and well edited. Not exactly original, bare foot girl in the woods, band playing in an abandoned building. Still nice though.

PS Nice to see the correct use of the dutch tilt.

Blog Entries

One of the few music videos on here where I've thought the video perfectly complements the song. A very convincing performance by the singer. Personally i didn't find teh wobbly shots too many (and I'm usually the first to complain about them) and whilst Zero is right to question the endless bars shots, I'm not sure what you'd replace it with - perhaps the vid needed another theme/icon/symbol just to give you the cahnce of a little more variety.
    Tim

I watched this and all I can say is if it appeared on the T.V it wouldn't look out of place.
    Very well done I thought and professional.
    Didn't like the song that much (personal opinion) but I thought the singer was very good.....

Like MB said the old warehouse look has been done many times but it works well for me so why throw out something that works.

I liked the bar shots
    Good job guys

very well shot and edited, suits the genre, looks good.

she did do a mini power punch though towards the end though... a brief moment of rocking cheese!

really good though

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzymuffin View Post
    she did do a mini power punch though towards the end though... a brief moment of rocking cheese!
    Well, it is verging on "power Ballad"
    Tim

It'd be interesting to know the significance of the change of dresses - Lyric? Story? whim?
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    It'd be interesting to know the significance of the change of dresses - Lyric? Story? whim?
    I've no idea, but the change to red was bang on, tining wise. The film just needed something to lift it at that point. Perfect.
    Tim